ROPS bracket for lights?

Kubota Dave

Equipment
B2650 HSD, B7800
Jul 31, 2016
Virginia
It's been getting dark outside early already. I have been looking into putting lights on my ROPS without drilling into them.

It seems a u bolt and some type of plate would work best but i am unable to find some type of bracket at lowes etc to mount a light to. I don't have any scrap metal to use.

I found this plate but they want $40 plus ship for a pair. Any ideas? I think it would need to stick out from the rops around 5 inches as most round led lights are 4"

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
John T - Looks good - nice use of existing holes.
not knocking anything ...but be careful running around in the "woods" - limbs will grab those free wires and make you say a dirty-word. Few more of them ol zip ties will slow that down, specially if the wires are mounted on rear of ROPS as you have done!;)

Watchwldr

Equipment
B2650, La534 FEL, Land Pride STB1072 Snow Blade, Home Made 600#Ballast Box
Jun 17, 2018
Coatesville Pa USA
I had posted pics of my light setup om my B2650. Not sure how to link it here but if you search this thread I'm sure it'll come up. I didn't drill any holes and ran the wires up inside the ROPS.
Note: When I previewed my reply I see thet two of the pics came up rotated. This happens to me a lot here and I'm afraid I just don't know what I do wrong or how to correct it... George
But when I click on the pic in the post, it does come up correctly! If I ever figure this out I'll then try to unravel the logic in my phone's GPS !

Attachments

Last edited:

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
I had posted pics of my light setup om my B2650. Not sure how to link it here but if you search this thread I'm sure it'll come up. I didn't drill any holes and ran the wires up inside the ROPS.
Note: When I previewed my reply I see thet two of the pics came up rotated. This happens to me a lot here and I'm afraid I just don't know what I do wrong or how to correct it... George
But when I click on the pic in the post, it does come up correctly! If I ever figure this out I'll then try to unravel the logic in my phone's GPS !

Clean install man I totally dig it looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk