Rodents / mice / chipmunks

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Tried to keep the poison out of the way of the dog, did not work, got new dog and female fixed cats, been guarding the workshop and perimeter for 10 years, they always leave me a tail or head to admire, they are great. Now poison be careful, neighbors left it outside in a 5-gallon bucket, killed the bear that got into it. Never have had any of my toys damaged by rodents.

katansam

Equipment
B8200, BF-350 loader, Woods BH750
Oct 18, 2021
Greene RI
we are infested around here and I was desperate. They nested overnight on my valve cover I sprayed fluid film under the tractor and in the engine compartment. It leaves a bad taste in their mouth and is slippery for them to maneuver. Haven't seen them or any new rust since. Keeping the hood open is a good idea as well

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I read last week where peppermint oil is a good repellant. supposedly, it is mixed with water and sprayed around the engine compartment, dash, etc.

You can do an internet search to read about the effectiveness. I haven’t tried it myself. Just read about it.

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
I keep my L2501, a Polaris SxS and an ATV in a 3-sided pole barn. I spray each of them with Febreeze Lavender fragrance before I leave each weekend whether they ran or not. Also, keep seat folded forward and hood up on tractor. I can’t stand the smell and understand why rodents wouldn’t, either.

I have never seen any indication of mice or rats in the barn (I’m sure they are around) but never had issues on the machines. I do wildlife management so no poisons to prevent pass through to non-targeted animals.