Rhinohide canopy?

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I've recently taken on mowing a large lot where I'm out in the sun for hours with no shade so I'm looking at options for a canopy for my BX2380. Specifically, I'm looking at the rhinohide for durability as I'll also be mowing around/under trees at other location and most likely be lazy not want to take it off between locations - unless it's super quick and easy.

Question regarding the rhinohide - I park my BX in a garage but need to lower the ROPS to fit in the door opening. Can the rhinohide still be attached with the ROPS lowered? Will it be intrusive with the ROPS down? I don't like running engine in garage smelling it up so I put it in neutral and push in and out of the garage. I'll be mounting it near height of ROPS for ease of getting on and off the tractor. Should I consider the quick attach option?

I'm also open to other durable canopy options.

Thanks

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
From Ask Tractor Mike, the Rhinohide easy to take off and extremely light. Others here have said a canopy amplifies the noise. If you wear hearing protection all of the time, that’s probably not an issue.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Rhinohide is awesome. If you are short on clearance then pretty much no other canopy will work. I cant vouch for the BX, but on my 2601 and LX, the rhinohide can be installed at the break in the rops so the rops can be folded back independently of the top. The canopy can be slid down to minimum height on its supports. My doors are only 76" tall. Once I pull the machine out, I slide the canopy up about 4-5".

Its great to not have to take the canopy on and off for low clearance parking. For trailing, it comes off in 10 seconds with two knobs.

have a look at this thread

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
20210623_081737.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Rather than lifting the top off before going in the garage I just fold the Rops back drop the top down and pin in place. I just needed to drill two extra holes. You can actually use it like this if you had to but I do like the Rops up!

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
From Ask Tractor Mike, the Rhinohide easy to take off and extremely light. Others here have said a canopy amplifies the noise. If you wear hearing protection all of the time, that’s probably not an issue.
Yes. I wear hearing protection - I have isotunes bluetooth set so I can listen to music and have osha approved sound reduction.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Rhinohide is awesome. If you are short on clearance then pretty much no other canopy will work. I cant vouch for the BX, but on my 2601 and LX, the rhinohide can be installed at the break in the rops so the rops can be foled back independently of the top. The canopy can be slid down to minimum height on its supports. My doors are only 76" tall. Once I pull the machine out, I slide the canopy up about 4-5".

Its great to not have to take the canopy on and off for low clearance parking. For trailing, it comes off in 10 seconds with two knobs.

have a look at this thread
Thanks, I will read over that thread.

Yes, I was thinking that easy remove feature will be nice for when I do trailer it to the large lot. It hadn't been done in a year last time I cut it, took about 5 hours total and it was hot in the Georgia Summer sun/humidity.

thanks!