Replacing Rear axle seals for Kubota B7100

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
One of my rear axle seals is leaking and needs to be replaced. Of course this is when I need my tractor the most prepping ground for fall and winter plantings.

I found this thread on the topic, http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6130

Is it really this simple and maybe take an hour? Pull the tire, remove the old seal, clean up, replace with new seal and refill fluids?

Now to find the parts.

Thanks!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Yes, it really is that easy- took longer to put it up on jackstands & remove the wheels than it did to clean the area, remove the old seals (drove a punch in to start, then pried them out) & tap in the new ones. (with a wood block)
I had recently changed my hydraulic fluid, so I only drained 1 to 1 1/2 gallons out, and that was enough not to make a mess when I pulled the seals.

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Thanks! Where did you get your new seals? Order online or from the dealer?

Last year at this time I was trying to figure out how to replace/repair a gear in the PTO that had a tooth break off. The tractor was out of commission for several weeks while I tried to repair it and get parts. Sounds like this won't be that kind of problem.

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Yes it really was that easy. Took much longer to replace the fluid than it took to replace the seals. A little screw driver, a hammer and a piece of PVC pipe to drive the new one back was all it took.

Thanks for the help.