Replacing RC 60-F20 mower deck

napnative29

Equipment
F2100 w/RC60 f20
Jul 2, 2020
Annapolis
I have a F2100 tractor with a RC 60-F20 mower deck. The mower deck is quite rusty so much so the belt will not stay on. Will some newer mower deck work with the F2100?
Looking on E-Bay I noticed A RCK 60-F30 deck that may work with a change of the Mower Links, is this something that would work?
I am new to this site.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a F2100 tractor with a RC 60-F20 mower deck. The mower deck is quite rusty so much so the belt will not stay on. Will some newer mower deck work with the F2100?
Looking on E-Bay I noticed A RCK 60-F30 deck that may work with a change of the Mower Links, is this something that would work?
I am new to this site.
I cannot answer your question but have a caution from researching a mower deck swap for another member.

The direction of rotation of the gear box input shaft needs to be checked.

In the previous case, the two mower's input shafts rotated in opposite directions so the newer deck would not work.

It is possible there are changes that coould be made to the gearbox to reverse the rotation but this was not explored.

Dave

napnative29

Equipment
F2100 w/RC60 f20
Jul 2, 2020
Annapolis
I cannot answer your question but have a caution from researching a mower deck swap for another member.

The direction of rotation of the gear box input shaft needs to be checked.

In the previous case, the two mower's input shafts rotated in opposite directions so the newer deck would not work.

It is possible there are changes that coould be made to the gearbox to reverse the rotation but this was not explored.

Dave
Dave, Thanks for mentioning checking the rotation, I will verify that.
Jim