Replacement hydraulic hoses

Klanel

Equipment
L-285
Jan 7, 2021
Ga
Where can I get the lowest cost hydraulic hoses? Some of mine are looking pretty rough and I would rather replace proactively than after they burst and spray my face. Thanks

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I always just take the defective hose to the local hydraulic shop and have them make up a new one. If you remove more than one at a time be sure to mark where each goes in some way.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I use my local NAPA store they do a fine job. They make the hoses onsite.

Not sure where you are located btu if you have a NAPA store they should be able to make them.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Where can I get the lowest cost hydraulic hoses? Some of mine are looking pretty rough and I would rather replace proactively than after they burst and spray my face. Thanks
I think the issue is Lowest Cost VS Needed length.

Lowest cost would probably something made in standard lengths, like maybe 6" increments.

But your hoses may be odd lengths. AND the OEM end fittings may be different that what the cheapest hoses have as standard.

Like the other guys have said above, taking a hose to a shop that makes hoses may make the most sense. May seem more expensive at first, but the hose will be an exact replacement and you will not have to worry about the time and cost involved with adapting something that is not exactly the same.

By the way, I have a similar concern. My loader is 18 plus years old and I have never changed a hose yet...But what I will do when I either need to, or decided to in advance, is go my favorite hydraulic hose supplier, and have quality hoses made up that are exact replacements.

Reactions: 1 user

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
What’s awesome about an off the shelf cheaper hose is thinking that 2” extra in length won’t matter and the $16 you saved will be worth it...... till the third hour and it still won’t fit no matter how you bend or contort it, the fittings still won’t line up to thread on!

Reactions: 1 user

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
The hoses are cheap, the fittings are 75% of the cost. I do not have my receipt still and the 75% may be high but I do recall standing at the counter when I bought the $70.00 hose and said wow the fittings are expensive.

For my hose it ran along the loader arm. Too short want connect too long and it does not stay next to the loader arm. It may bow out some and be subject to being snagged or just look like crap all wavy.

Best of luck in your search.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Just bought several hoses fittings range from $ 7 to $25 per fitting but hose was only like $4.99 a linear foot. American dollars.