Reminder to be safe

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Well in my case we are talking a Farm to Market Road with petroleum tanker trucks running 60 mph up and down it. And about 1/3rd of mile of frontage to mow. I like your idea....just wouldn't work for me.
Not sure it would work with large trucks. I have found mowing against traffic (in reality so I have some opportunity to see what’s coming so I can move if necessary and possible) with a grapple and flashing lights gets people’s attention and they move over. As best I can tell it looks like something you really don’t want to hit.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Not sure it would work with large trucks. I have found mowing against traffic (in reality so I have some opportunity to see what’s coming so I can move if necessary and possible) with a grapple and flashing lights gets people’s attention and they move over. As best I can tell it looks like something you really don’t want to hit.
^^^^^

So you're saying I might be able to use this as an excuse to get a 'grapple'?

Currently....Mrs. Flintknapper doesn't think I need one. BUT....if it involves a safety issue, then we might have something there. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Several years ago in our town a grandfather was mowing his lawn. The tractor was in reverse with the deck blades engaged, he did not see his grandson approach him directly behind the machine when the child was knocked to the ground, run over, killed and tore to pieces. It was horrifying to the point the rescue team were physically sick and needed counseling as to the effects of what they witnessed. I always told my family,if they see me on the tractor, wait on the porch until I see you.. Don't walk up to a running machine, any machine until the operator acknowledges you.
I do not have grandkids yet but stories like these will be entrenched in my memory when I do have little rugrats running around. For now, it is the dogs that I worry about.

Reactions: 1 user

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
^^^^^

So you're saying I might be able to use this as an excuse to get a 'grapple'?

Currently....Mrs. Flintknapper doesn't think I need one. BUT....if it involves a safety issue, then we might have something there. ;)
You sound like me, always trying to sell your honey on the next implement.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If you have confidence you will find a use for it, Depending on lead times it might be worth getting it ordered before you have an immediate need. (I have no idea the wait times).