Remembering

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Stopped at my sisters office, found out there. Later after finding Borders were closed, called our Daughter at Bible School in Canada. NEVER Forget.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Was working in the ICU and we had a tv on in an unused room. Couldn’t believe it. Switched from the reserves to AD and the one year anniversary I was in the desert. Would never have believed we would be where we are today back then. Too many have indeed forgotten.

Reactions: 3 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I reflect on 2,977 people who simply woke up, left their families to go to work that day, and didnt get to come home. The pilots who woke up, put on their uniforms, planned their flights, got a cup of coffee, and went to work like any other day.

Never Forget.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was on a job site doing an inspection,,, dozer operator had the radio on in the cab. Got back inthe car beat feet it back to the office, and no one not one person in a govt office knew what had happend!
Lest we forget 😢

Reactions: 1 user

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
Was sleeping after a 4x12 shift. My wife called and woke me up. Watched on the tv for a few minutes and headed into Brooklyn where I was at the time in a Detective Squad.
I will NEVER forget what I saw that day and the following months at the morgue and Staten Island land fill.

Just put my Flag up with the names of everyone that perished that day. Fly it till the end of the month.

Never Forget.

JG Det Retired.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I lived in the Seattle Area, so it was still pretty early. My sister on the East Coast called me which woke me up and said turn on the TV. I remember being shocked at what I was seeing and saddened to think of those who lost their lives. Later, happy that it seemed the country was pretty united for once in my life.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I was in a research lab at work when a guy who worked down the hall stuck his head in and said that a plane had hit the WTC. He was kind of a loud mouth jokester whose jokes were seldom funny, so I wasn't quite sure I should believe him. Walked down to the plant cafeteria where there was always a TV on, saw the gathering crowd, and knew it was for real. Watched for awhile, then asked for the day off, called the wife and told her to take the day off, (she worked for a quasi-govermental agency) went back to the cafeteria and saw the second plane hit, and then went home. On the way home, we each picked up a couple flats of water, (in case things escalated) and got home in time to see the Pentagon get hit.
Later we heard about passengers on FLT 93 heroically stopping the terrorists's plans for the fourth plane.
I will never forget.

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I was on a motorcycle ride in Deadwood, SD. I had stopped at a restaurant for breakfast before hitting the road. Someone said "Turn on the TV!". It was a tiny black and white tv in a closet sized room. We all crowded around in disbelief.

At the time one of my sons worked right near the Trade Center and the other I thought was working in there. Turns out he was there the day before.

It took me 4 hours before I could get through to anyone on the phone. My DIL told me the kids were all safe. All day the jets from Ellsworth Air force Base were screaming overhead. Surreal.

It was the saddest day of my life.

On 9/12 I started home. Rode 1300 miles that day and would have gone the final 600 if it didn't mean going on RT80 in PA in the middle of the night.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
We just watched the movie Flight 93. Thinking about our people and the weapons we just left behind, Really really makes me less than pleased!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I was at work. The news took over the day. We set up a television to watch.

Best Man in my wedding worked in Twin Towers. I was sick thinking about him.

Thankfully, he’d moved on a few months before, which I didn’t know at the time..He was fine.

Our twin daughters were 9, and very astute. They were very shook up for a while.

We’re fortunate we weren’t directly affected with family being hurt on 9/11, or the military actions that followed.

We know many families that have been affected. Many were deployed multiple times. One friend has a couple Purple Hearts.

I know we’ll never forget……

Last edited:

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
I have a very good friend who did 11 tours including 8 combat tours. 2 silver stars and 2 purple hearts.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have a very good friend who did 11 tours including 8 combat tours. 2 silver stars and 2 purple hearts.
Wow...they did fair share and a lot more. The folks I know did 4 or so. Holy smokes...

While all that serve deserve thanks for their service, that person went above and beyond. I hope they're okay after the fact.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
At the time, I was a field op so I didn’t spend much time in the office and none near TV’s. It wasn’t unusual for me to stop by the local Sheriff Department in the little rural county I mostly worked due to joint business matters. That day there was no one at the front desk and the Major’s office had no one in it. It was quite odd. I yelled the name of the front desk clerk and then the Major. One of the detectives came out looking a bit shaken and told me to come back to the evidence room. He said a plane had struck the World Trade Center. I was expecting something along the lines of the B-25 that hit the Empire State Building back in the 40’s; an accident that was tragic, costly, and deadly but limited in scope.

Everyone who was working and not on patrol that day was huddled around a TV in the evidence room (about 8 people; small place). We were discussing whether it could have been an accident or something intentional as the second plane hit. That ended the accident/intentional discussion and made it clear it was a coordinated attack. It was difficult, probably more accurately impossible, to grasp the scale of the destruction and loss of life.

• Sad