Remember Ruby Ridge?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I remember it. It’s a reminder that both R and D administrations have done bad things.

Reactions: 1 user

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY
I remember it. It’s a reminder that both R and D administrations have done bad things.
Most of the FBI's rogue efforts were done when J. Edgar Hoover was Director. After that, the vast majority of questionable FBI actions started out as legitimate law enforcement. Sometimes, those actions turned out badly. Sugar happens.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I don’t remember clearly, but what I do remember is to always do what is necessary to de escalate a situation when involved with people in authority. EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG.

If I get stopped when driving, which happened a couple years ago when I made an illegal turn at night intentionally, I turn on the internal lights and keep my hands visible on the steering wheel, after opening the door window. I follow the officers instructions. Offer no resistance. And it works out.

Many times these encounters, whatever they may be, result from resistance to authority. One can resist later through legal means. The opportunity is too great for bad things to happen otherwise. Mistakes are made, and the resistance side often pays the price.

This is the advice I would give to friends and family. I understand how easy it it for things to go wrong, even if both sides are genially good people overall.

Smelly stuff happens…

Reactions: 1 user