REGEN counter

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
My brother and were discussing our Kubotas (I have a 3301) and it got me thinking....is there a way to learn the number of REGEN cycles your tractor has performed?

I have had an error code show on the display before, and was able to clear it. Wondering if it is able to show this info as well. Be nice know the avg intervals based on usage, tasks, fuel type, etc.

Or is it only readable by a proprietary dealer scan tool? Or is this data even retained by the computer?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The number of regens will be 'in the computer', so a Kubota Tech could access it. I don't know of any '3rd party' scanners but given enough time and interest it could be read. Access is based on CAN bus,so $20 gets you the 'interface' that plugs any PC into the Kubota computer. After that it's simply just 'decoding data'.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Only way I know of to correlate usage with regen frequency is the old fashioned way. A user kept data log. Somewhere in our archives is a thread where someone was reporting their regen frequency for a while. Usage, air temp, how clean air filters are, etc all affect regen frequency.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The number of regens will be 'in the computer', so a Kubota Tech could access it.

the # of regen cycles is not logged, or wasn't 3 months ago last time I looked at diagmaster. Only regeneration cycle that might be 'logged' would be a forced regeneration. Anytime a tech logs into diagmaster, information is sent to kubota. So if one were to reprogram an ecu that information is potentially sent. Or whatever information. That is all logged, but what they are logging is anyone's guess. Of course they ain't telling and I kinda understand why. Remember government intervention is the reason this stuff is on tractors, and the government also dictates what they can and can't do with certain things