Reckon Just Gonna Have To Trade Tractors

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Looks like a man can not get telescoping arms and adjustable links for a MX4700 tractor ! Talked to two dealers , and like everyone else , their parts guys are either new and can't help me or dumber than a box of rocks and don't know what I'm talking about .
My 2012 MX4700 came with NON telescoping adjustable 3 point hitch arms and a turn buckle type adjustment links .
I bought what I thought I needed from another guy on here and they are too big for my tractor . Looks as If they may came off a 7040 or maybe a 7060 .
I attached a pic of what I bought . I listed them on eBay If anyone might be interested . Or I'd sell you them here and ship to you .
At my dealer it would still be Parts, not Sales. If they arent leading you in the right direction, ask to speak to the manager. This could be a difficult one as they may not have made telescoping arms specific for that model. You may need to take measurements of the existing arms and help the Parts dept find a suitable match. Not sure just speculating.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
There is one thing that is worse than having telescoping lift arms.......forgetting that you have them !!! :(

Now a disclaimer; I grew up on the farm without them so it was usually necessary to grab a pry pole and try to shift the implement. Never fun but.... Now enter the 'new to me for 2 years' M4900 with this feature. Sooo last week found me trying to shift the Bush Hog 70-06 grader blade 2" forward when all that I had to do was press the catch down and 'lengthen' the lift arm. :rolleyes:

Sooo now I will fess up and admit that I never thought about that feature until I am sitting here reading this topic on OTT. The good thing was that it did not cause me to bleed nor have to visit a Chiropractor.
MM, I did the same thing after getting rid of my L4630 with non telescoping to M6040 with telescoping.
I never noticed the difference till one day i was having a heck of a time fitting the ballast box and happened to grab the release on an arm and it moved :eek: Hallelujah after that!

tennman0258

Equipment
MX4700
May 18, 2021
Tennessee
There is one thing that is worse than having telescoping lift arms.......forgetting that you have them !!! :(

Now a disclaimer; I grew up on the farm without them so it was usually necessary to grab a pry pole and try to shift the implement. Never fun but.... Now enter the 'new to me for 2 years' M4900 with this feature. Sooo last week found me trying to shift the Bush Hog 70-06 grader blade 2" forward when all that I had to do was press the catch down and 'lengthen' the lift arm. :rolleyes:

Sooo now I will fess up and admit that I never thought about that feature until I am sitting here reading this topic on OTT. The good thing was that it did not cause me to bleed nor have to visit a Chiropractor.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:....it is a nice option to have once you use it . Ain't like I change that much equipment to pay the 2k dollars cost from Kubota to add it to my tractor . So , hence why I bought these hoping they would fit my MX4700 . Anyways ...have a good one !