Recall on Kubota zero turn mowers

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The latest issue of Consumer Reports says that Kubota zero turn mowers sold from Nov 2017 through Sept 2018 for $6500 to $10,000 are being recalled for a ROPS defect that causes them to get loose and fail.

The article doesn't specify the model. Contact your dealer or Kubota Corporation at 888-458-2682 for free inspection and repair.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
It has to do with checking the torque of 4 bolts only. Z411, Z421, Z724, Z725, and Z726 I think, and only certain serial numbers, if that is the recall I'm thinking of. It can be done in the field, however, a Kubota dealer tech has to do it.

Some of the same mowers also had a "campaign" (not a recall) for the engine mounting bolt torque check.

The best thing to do is call a dealer with your model and serial number, and they can run it through the Kubota system. And this goes for all equipment not just a few mowers. I tell everyone to make a call every so often to check for recalls if you haven't gotten any letters. As someone who's worked in a dealer and taken thousands of calls and done thousands of recalls, I'd rather take 5 minutes out of my day to help a consumer gain more confidence in their equipment than to tell him to go pound sand because I don't have time to take a phone call.