rear turn signals

fivecowfarm

Equipment
L3540 hyd
Nov 26, 2022
upstate New York
Thanks for reading this! I bought a 2008 L3540hst, the fender signals had no lenses, just bare bulbs. Im often in the wood so I removed them, and just connected the male & female wiring underneath the fender. Question is , do I have to have those signals replaced to have all the lights work as they should? I had thought the lights on the rear of the fenders would signal, but no. Im just thinking they will get broken again

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks for reading this! I bought a 2008 L3540hst, the fender signals had no lenses, just bare bulbs. Im often in the wood so I removed them, and just connected the male & female wiring underneath the fender. Question is , do I have to have those signals replaced to have all the lights work as they should? I had thought the lights on the rear of the fenders would signal, but no. Im just thinking they will get broken again
If your rear red/orange lights did not work for signaling it is likely that your flasher module has failed.
Should be easily remedied with a (relatively inexpensive ?) new flasher module.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
From what I understand you did, the fuse is probably popped. You should have left the plugs disconnected if you removed the fender signals completely.
If I'm misunderstanding that, then you might need to replace the flasher relay (if it has one. Mine is a module that is over complicated) with a solid state relay. The old style relays will cease to flash and just stay on if a bulb is burned out. Being disconnected, it is like a burnt bulb.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
As the Evil Twin said you may be at the point of replacing the flasher. If it uses an automotive type flasher get a solid state replacement at the auto parts store. It will flash even with a burned out bulb.