Rear tires for the M9000

Gb540

Jan 9, 2021
Central US
Looking at replacing the rear tires on our M9000. 18.4-30.

Tires available in this area are:
-Firestone Super All Traction II 23
-Goodyear Dura Torque

Wondering if anyone could recommend one over the other. Tractor sees regular utility tractor jobs, mowing pushing snow removal etc. Does not see mud and has little on-road use.

Not finding where either of these are made. Really want to avoid Chinese tires.

Tractor currently has Titan Hi-Traction Lug and they've worked great. But they are past their time, and replacement Titans in that size are currently not available here.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My Firestones say “Made in USA” and are holding up very well.
Nothing wrong with GoodYear either, IMO, in fact, GY would be a first choice in most of my vehicles.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don't know if they can mount the GoodYear tires at a Goodyear Tire center or not but I get my pickup truck tires there and if I get a nail stuck in them and/or they develop a leak it is repaired quickly and free of charge. I have taken advantage of this often. Not cheap but very good tires in my opinion. Another story, I had needed 2 tires replaced recently and they did not have the same tires I had been running for the past 11 years. I agreed to trying an in stock more aggressively treaded on road/off road tire as a replacement . Well after 2 days and 50 miles I realized the ride was much harsher. I called and they replaced them free of charge. No problem. That could have gone either way in my opinion. Very satisfied with both the tires and the service. Don't ask me about the experience with the Mr. Tire Center and my wife's car. GoodYear has earned my business and it would take a lot to make me change.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Friend of mine ordered a set of BKT radials for one of his tractors on-line. Even with shipping they were only like $1500 for both rears. Might look at doing something like that.