Rear Remotes ??

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Rear remotes are simply auxiliary hydraulic connection that allow you to operate hydraulic cylinders. They consist of the quick connections located somewhere on the rear of the tractor and the control lever up by the operator. That's all they are.

OH, and by the way, the only stupid question is the one that goes un-asked.

Attachments

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
L4740 - thanks. Why would you want or need additional remotes ? Or doesn't the rear of a "stock tractor" come with them ?
Depending on the tractor, some come with none and some have many. Usually you want at least one set to operate a single cyl. such as one you could use to rotate the chute of a snow blower, or to raise and lower a plow. Then with two sets, you can say rotate the chute of a snow blower with one and adjust the chute deflector with the other. I also have a hyd. top link that uses a set. So for each cyl. you want to operate at any given time, you need a set of remotes.

Last edited:

Mingy

Equipment
L3010 backhoe FEL, B2300, M9000
Jul 27, 2010
Ontario
Rear remotes can be quite costly to add, depending on a variety of factors. As L4740 noted, for each cylinder you need a set of remotes. A Front End Loader (FEL) is sort of two remotes, so for my snowblower I control the up/down and chute angle with the FEL control and rotate with an added remote. There is open center and closed center hydraulics, which I have never understood, and my rotate function needed an open-center so it had to be added.

Compact tractors usually, in my experience do not come stock with remotes , probably for cost reasons. AG tractors usually come with two, probably because you can't sell the tractor without them. Typical AG uses for a remote would be to dump a baler, etc..

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You would have to get the dealer to install as many remotes as you'd like on a new one. Some tractor model's come standard with rear remotes from the factory other models the dealer can install them at a later date per request.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Thanks. I understand more now.

Does anyone know how many rear remotes would come with the new L3800 ? (The website specs don't show that.)
All though I have not looked at the L3800 specs specifically. If it is like the other L series, your dealer can order from 1 - 3 sets of factory remotes. There may be different options of remotes as well. On my L4740, I ordered 3 sets. Two regular and one full detent. Your dealer can explain in details how many are available and the different types that are available as well.

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
Thanks for the advice. Is something that could be added on later - if the dealer were to come out to my site and do it ??? (versus trailering it back into town for installation)

What kind of cost are we talking (ball park)?

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
I think you would have to take it to the dealer to have them add the remotes.

You could run a log splitter off the remotes as well :D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I added remotes to my L 3000 and it was very easy to do. The dealer wanted $600 for the kit and I did it myself for less than half of that and even used the the couplers like my M9000 has that allow you to push the line in during hook up and simply pull it out to remove it. I only had to have three lines made, buy a valve and a few fittings to plumb it in. I had already fabricated a mount for the valve and the couplers done before starting the install and it only took about 2 hrs to get everything finished and ready for the field. The 2 hrs even included a quality BS sestion with friends. I think it could be done in less than 1hr as long as you already had all the supplies needed for the job.

rebeason

Equipment
L3130 DT
Feb 17, 2011
Italy, Texas
Bull Dog, Could you provide the details of your instalation, a list of materials, including sources, part numbers, etc. ?

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Having a loader already on the tractor makes all the difference. The hard stuff is already done for you.

Line "2" is factory and went to port "1" on the loader valve. I moved line "2" and hooked it to the input side of the new valve. The output "3" of the new valve back to "1" port on the loader valve. "4" goes to the remote couplers. It really is that easy. The key is already having the loader. By doing that a proven hyd. system is already in place. All you need to do is rout the fluid to a new valve and then back to the tractor.

Attachments

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
Thanks for the advice. Is something that could be added on later - if the dealer were to come out to my site and do it ??? (versus trailering it back into town for installation)

What kind of cost are we talking (ball park)?
on my 9540 i had another one added to it .the cost was 846.50$.it has a cab i dont know if that added to the cost or not.maybe this will help you.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Bull Dog, Could you provide the details of your instalation, a list of materials, including sources, part numbers, etc. ?
Just to add to my above post. My friend has a full hyd shop at his farm and he helped me with my installation. The valve I used came from TSC. The rest of the fittings and lines were made at my friends shop. I made my own mount for the valve. The factory kit for my tractor was $600 plus installation. I did my on for about half that. TSC has a valve that has 4 ports so a person could add dual remotes if they needed to do so.

As far as parts go.
Valve, 3 hyd lines, 2 couplers, 4 90's, 2 U bolts, Mount, 7 5/16 bolts, 1 custom rag heat shield, 5 plastic zip ties, 1 rattle can for the mount

With the mount already built, drilled and painted the install time was less than 2 hrs.

Joe Blade

May 26, 2015
Denver co
Does anyone know the size of the threads on the 3/8 barb fitting that goes from the FEL valve to the tank on a b2920? The part manual doesnt say and the dealer was useless. Thanks