Rear Remotes Installed on a Kubota BX25D - Video

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Kubota KX040-4, BX25D, BX2755HD - EXPAND for link to my YouTube Channel :-)
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
Hi all,

I've recently installed remotes on my BX to run my Berkelmans hydraulic dump trailer. Check it out.

- James

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You have done a great job of installing that unit. I had one on my BX22, until the valve went bad, and gave me all kinds of grief before I figured out what the problem was. My install was done just like yours, using the back hoe hydraulic lines. May I suggest for your safety, that you install sleeves on the hoses that are any where near you on the tractor. A pin hole leak in a hose can cause you a severe injury should it hit your skin. The hydraulic oil will be driven into your body like a thousand hypodermic needles.

Reactions: 1 user

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
You have done a great job of installing that unit. I had one on my BX22, until the valve went bad, and gave me all kinds of grief before I figured out what the problem was. My install was done just like yours, using the back hoe hydraulic lines. May I suggest for your safety, that you install sleeves on the hoses that are any where near you on the tractor. A pin hole leak in a hose can cause you a severe injury should it hit your skin. The hydraulic oil will be driven into your body like a thousand hypodermic needles.
Wow that's a horrible image haha. I'm going to have a look and see what's available ... something that requires some research on my behalf for sure. Thanks for the heads up (and hopefully not heads-off).

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Wow that's a horrible image haha. I'm going to have a look and see what's available ... something that requires some research on my behalf for sure. Thanks for the heads up (and hopefully not heads-off).
You can purchase the nylon sleeves at any place that makes up hydraulic lines. Slide it over the hose, and secure both ends with a wire tie. To keep the cut ends of the nylon sleeve, sear them with a small propane gas lighter like they sell for lighting bar b q grilles. I know that it is also available from Amazon, but not sure if it would have to be shipped form the states, or the Amazon warehouse in Canada.

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
You can purchase the nylon sleeves at any place that makes up hydraulic lines. Slide it over the hose, and secure both ends with a wire tie. To keep the cut ends of the nylon sleeve, sear them with a small propane gas lighter like they sell for lighting bar b q grilles. I know that it is also available from Amazon, but not sure if it would have to be shipped form the states, or the Amazon warehouse in Canada.
Amazing thank you! Sounds like an easy fix to a problem that should be addressed!

- James

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
Nice job. Thanks for making the informative video. Seems like an easy installation.
There were no rockets sent to space during the filming of that video ... I feel that almost anyone could do it! Thanks for the kind words.

- James

Reactions: 3 users

Bogey

Equipment
BX2380, 60MMM, 344FEL, SSQA Bucket, SSQA Forks, LP RB0560 Blade
Mar 7, 2021
Ontario
Great video. Looks like an easy project. The part numbers will make it simple to go shopping.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Nice job on the install and very nice to see the parts/part numbers listed as you went along. I wish more people did the same in their project videos.

Reactions: 1 users

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
In case you're wondering about the mount. If you follow my channel, you know I just replaced the auger support bracket on my BX2755HD because the lower bolts appeared to have come loose causing a bit of wearing/elongation of the mounting holes. Turns out the elongation is from factory but it was hard to tell. The bracket part number is 7006001410 and was $38.90 Canadian from my dealer. I gave the old bracket to a friend and he fabricated what I needed to mount the spool valve. The lower mounting bolt on the spool valve passes through a factory provided hole in the hazard-light bracket.You will see this in my next video but here are a few photos. I'm shocked at how well it turned out. Stainless steel hardware of course :cool: What do you guys think?

thumbnail_IMG_5004.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5005.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5030.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5033.jpg

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
Happy Saturday all,

This whole video doesn't pertain to rear remotes - but if you want to see the mounting process it starts just before the twelve minute mark. Enjoy.

- James

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Haha! Ya, it's not perfect ... but I think I would want to see the trailer as it dumped anyway - so I will already be spun around in the seat.

- James
Or is it me that's not perfect? Now THAT is the truth. I could have reached them 40 years, 20 years ago, probably even 10 years ago, just not now. I just had to poke a little fun, but honestly, I've watched and enjoyed several of your videos. I've always wanted to build a hydraulic dump trailer, or wagon, and watching the various videos of your trailer, it did give me some ideas. Only I don't have the need for a dump trailer like I used to. Again, things change over time.

Keep up the good work with the videos!

Killingitcountry

Equipment
Feb 12, 2021
Ontario
www.youtube.com
Or is it me that's not perfect? Now THAT is the truth. I could have reached them 40 years, 20 years ago, probably even 10 years ago, just not now. I just had to poke a little fun, but honestly, I've watched and enjoyed several of your videos. I've always wanted to build a hydraulic dump trailer, or wagon, and watching the various videos of your trailer, it did give me some ideas. Only I don't have the need for a dump trailer like I used to. Again, things change over time.

Keep up the good work with the videos!
Thank you for your kind words!!

- James