Rear remotes for LX2610 cab

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
Need hydro advice on adding 2 sets of rear remotes to a cab model LX, please. New to tractors and didn't think I'd need them when ordering the machine. Got a box blade and only recently discovered "top 'n tilt" and of course I gotta have that now. Priced parts from Kubota and they're crazy expensive, even if using my labor. Looking at Summit Hydraulics' Z-50 Monoblock Solenoid Directional Control Valve, 2 Spool. Will this work? Where would you mount it? I have the Kubota third function valve so I need to find a P port somewhere to get pressure to it. The return line from the 3FV looks like a hard line with a banjo fitting to the axle; would I get a similar banjo fitting and stack them using a longer bolt? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Do you mind posting the diagram above the third function valve to see what the valve type. (open/tandem center) Yes the shiny hard line is the pb from third function valve. You would need to buy an 90 degree orb to jic fitting to replace the banjo. It should be jic line from 3rd valve to P port of aftermarket valve, and T tank from aftermarket to existing banjo port on housing. This is assuming the third function is either an open or tandem center.

Last edited:

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have a 2610 with a cab. Here is a pic of where the kubota rear remotes mount. I hope it helps

99DCA28D-D542-4FEF-B243-E1FC9ED7F57F.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Remotes_LI.jpg
Levers.jpg

Here is the piping for the factory remotes on my 2610 non cab, as well as the levers.
I can't help with your other question.

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
Do you mind posting the diagram above the third function valve to see what the valve type. (open/tandem center) Yes the shiny hard line is the pb from third function valve. You would need to buy an 90 degree orb to jic fitting to replace the banjo. It should be jic line from 3rd valve to P port of aftermarket valve, and pb from aftermarket to existing banjo port on housing. This is assuming the third function is either an open or tandem center.
Hmmm.....I have another pic from a slightly higher angle but no diagram. I also just checked my folder for a manual on the 3FV but nothing is there. So you are saying the shiny hard line is pressure, and not return? I'll see if I can find out if the 3FV is open/tandem. Also have a pic of the loader valve but you can't see much since it's so tight in there. Thanks!

Attachments

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
I have a 2610 with a cab. Here is a pic of where the kubota rear remotes mount. I hope it helps

View attachment 59452
Definitely nice! Thanks for the pic. Here is the quote I received:

B7316 BASE KIT/1ST LEVER KIT $522.00, HAVE TO ORDER.
B7317 2ND POSITION/2ND LEVER KIT $285.00, HAVE TO ORDER.
B7304 DOUBLE ACTING VALVE FOR 1ST REMOTE. $251.00 HAVE TO ORDER
B7305 FLOAT DETENT VALVE FOR 2ND REMOTE, $316.00, HAVE TO ORDER

LABOR TO BE ESTIMATED ABOUT 5 TO 6 HOURS, $500.00 TO $600.00.

FREIGHT TO BE ESTIMATED FOR EVERYTHING ABOUT $100.00.

CYLINDERS AND HOSES TO BE ESTIMATED AT BETWEEN $400.00 AND $500.00. I CAN DO FURHTER RESEARCH IF YOU'D LIKE TO MOVE FORWARD.

TOTAL PRICE FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED ITEMS, INSTALLED WOULD BE BETWEEN $2,300.00 AND $2,600.00. PLUS TAX.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Shiny hard is return to tank of pb circuit. When you break into the line for third, it becomes a P for the third function. The return goes back to the housing as a tank port. We are saying the same thing it just depends on what is feeding to tank(which end your talking about) You should be fine, the factory valve manual does not specify non backhoe capable. So the factory third valve is probably tandem center. There is a diagram printed on the top of the solenoid valve. If by chance it is a closed center, it would not work to feed the aftermarket valve. The landpride manuals usually state this as non backhoe capable.

Last edited:

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
Shiny hard is return of pb circuit. When you break into the line for third, it becomes a tank port. You should be fine, the factory valve manual does not specify non backhoe capable. So the factory third valve is probably tandem center.
Thanks! That's what I thought. Just getting used to the terminology....pb return makes sense.

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
Shiny hard is return to tank of pb circuit. When you break into the line for third, it becomes a P for the third function. The return goes back to the housing as a tank port. We are saying the same thing it just depends on what is feeding to tank(which end your talking about) You should be fine, the factory valve manual does not specify non backhoe capable. So the factory third valve is probably tandem center. There is a diagram printed on the top of the solenoid valve. If by chance it is a closed center, it would not work to feed the aftermarket valve. The landpride manuals usually state this as non backhoe capable.
Ah. I'd look for the diagram but I'm not near the tractor now. I imagine after I got the aftermarket valve and all the fittings and hoses and remote block/fittings I'd be near $1,000. The Kubota parts and shipping are about $1,600. Ugh, I might just go with the Kubota/LP setup and install it myself. Thanks!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thanks! Very interesting how that valve block is mounted. I wonder if it's compatible with the 3rd function valve.
Not sure, as I have a summit 3rd function that I installed.

Your quote seems high to me. I want to say my two were in the $1700-1800 range. I could be wrong on that though.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Definitely nice! Thanks for the pic. Here is the quote I received:

B7316 BASE KIT/1ST LEVER KIT $522.00, HAVE TO ORDER.
B7317 2ND POSITION/2ND LEVER KIT $285.00, HAVE TO ORDER.
B7304 DOUBLE ACTING VALVE FOR 1ST REMOTE. $251.00 HAVE TO ORDER
B7305 FLOAT DETENT VALVE FOR 2ND REMOTE, $316.00, HAVE TO ORDER

LABOR TO BE ESTIMATED ABOUT 5 TO 6 HOURS, $500.00 TO $600.00.

FREIGHT TO BE ESTIMATED FOR EVERYTHING ABOUT $100.00.

CYLINDERS AND HOSES TO BE ESTIMATED AT BETWEEN $400.00 AND $500.00. I CAN DO FURHTER RESEARCH IF YOU'D LIKE TO MOVE FORWARD.

TOTAL PRICE FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED ITEMS, INSTALLED WOULD BE BETWEEN $2,300.00 AND $2,600.00. PLUS TAX.
That’s outrageous!!!! I had everything done for about $1700. They told me it took less than 2 hours!!
Find a new dealer. They shouldn’t be hard to put on yourself. Like you, I didn’t order them when I bought my tractor so I had to pay for them when I got them put on. My tractor was at the dealership having the load leveler out on so I decided it would be easier to have them install the rear remotes rather than me doing it.

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
That’s outrageous!!!! I had everything done for about $1700. They told me it took less than 2 hours!!
Find a new dealer. They shouldn’t be hard to put on yourself. Like you, I didn’t order them when I bought my tractor so I had to pay for them when I got them put on. My tractor was at the dealership having the load leveler out on so I decided it would be easier to have them install the rear remotes rather than me doing it.
Yes, outrageous but those are the exact prices you see on the "build my Kubota" website. I will do the install myself so I'd have to add tax and shipping.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Yes, outrageous but those are the exact prices you see on the "build my Kubota" website. I will do the install myself so I'd have to add tax and shipping.
Want me to order the kit through my dealer and ship it to you? Lol

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I agree with going the factory route. While it seems that quite a few people like the idea of the Summit valve set, it is far from ideal, specifically for a top & tilt set. You give up any real feathering capabilities and forget about having the float feature.

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
I agree with going the factory route. While it seems that quite a few people like the idea of the Summit valve set, it is far from ideal, specifically for a top & tilt set. You give up any real feathering capabilities and forget about having the float feature.
Thanks for that. I also thought that the on/off of a solenoid valve would be less than ideal. I just don't know if the 4 parts quoted by the dealer includes the remotes themselves/brackets/fittings/hoses/etc. I asked the dealer; awaiting reply.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I find it odd the dealer is charging freight. My dealer hasn’t charged me freight on anything.

And the quote you posted includes the cylinders for the top and tilt.

however, that much labor is crazy. I was told it took 1-2 hours to install the rear remotes.

I ordered my top and tilt setup from fitright. They cost more than $500. But it will arrive all set up and ready to go.

maybe they are quoting the time it takes to modify the hydraulic cylinders etc. I’ve read it takes a lot of messing around.

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
I find it odd the dealer is charging freight. My dealer hasn’t charged me freight on anything.

And the quote you posted includes the cylinders for the top and tilt.

however, that much labor is crazy. I was told it took 1-2 hours to install the rear remotes.

I ordered my top and tilt setup from fitright. They cost more than $500. But it will arrive all set up and ready to go.

maybe they are quoting the time it takes to modify the hydraulic cylinders etc. I’ve read it takes a lot of messing around.
I'm only looking at buying the remote parts from the dealer...agree I shouldn't have to pay freight. I included the rest of the quote just for context. I'll get the cylinders from elsewhere and do the labor myself. Thanks

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
I had the two rear remotes installed by the dealer. One was installed at time of tractor (LX3310) purchase and the second one was installed four months later. I didn't have to pay for installation.