Rear Remotes for B2601 : help me configure

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Many have told me to get rear remotes on my B2601 before it leaves the dealership.

Which configuration do I want. I have no idea what this choice means:

Screenshot_2021-04-13-22-18-57.png

Last edited:

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Hmmm. My dealer picked it for me, and gave me double acting.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Get two sets of remotes as you will never regret having too many.

If you get one set with float, you do not have to use the float feature but it is there when you do.

The float would be used with an attachment that you want to rise and fall without resistance as you work it. The float position is one where you move the control beyond its normal position and thus engage the float detent.

This video from Messicks will help your understanding.

Remotes

Note that some features he is talking about are on tractors much bigger than a B series

Dave

Reactions: 1 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

If you get one set with float, you do not have to use the float feature but it is there when you do.

The float would be used with an attachment that you want to rise and fall without resistance as you work it. The float position is one where you move the control beyond its normal position and thus engage the float detent.

Remotes

Note that some features he is talking about are on tractors much bigger than a B series

Dave
Awesome thank you. My tractor has not yet arrived at the dealership, but I'm responding to people here who have said get the rear remotes for future capability. I already had them at a third function.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

Remotes

Dave
Great video....I'm setting up "Top and Tilt" so I can level a field in back of my house. The video says letting the top "float" is often desired during that work.

Thank you.

This forum has cost me much $$$$$.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Great video....I'm setting up "Top and Tilt" so I can level a field in back of my house. The video says letting the top "float" is often desired during that work.

Thank you.

This forum has cost me much $$$$$.
We do our level best :)

Dave

Reactions: 2 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
We do our level best :)

Dave
I started asking questions about a BX.....now I have a B2601 on order, an everything attachments aerator, a commercial 55" snowblower fully hydraulic. I'm sure I will be purchasing a Grapple and Box Blade before the end of the year. It will help with some real work and open up some "nice to have work". I'm retiring soon and picture tractor time, golf time, bike riding time and ski time.

I'm glad I entered the forum and folks were so happy. I think I have a machine that I will not grow out of on this 1.6 acres.

I'll reach out if I do upgrade to the L series.....

David

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

Remotes

Dave
Just want to let you know that I just left the dealer and I had them add rear remotes.

Docpraise

Equipment
B2601, MMM, FEL, PF, BB, RTV 500
Nov 21, 2020
Eastern Kentucky
I decided to wait on rear remotes. When I asked my dealer he said it would not be a problem to add them later. In the meantime I am using the turnbuckles with no problem. It is still a lot less effort than shoveling and I can claim getting on and off the tractor as exercise.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I always use male/female female/male on my attachments for hookup.

1. You always hook it up right as it is sexed. Up is always up for instance, or right is always right etc.
2. You can keep the hoses on the attachment hooked together when not in use to keep them clean as well as have a built in pressure relief when you go to use them again.

Sometimes depending on the temperatures involved I would go to hook up my rake power angle piston and it would not be possible without relieving pressure via loosening a fitting. The temperature change would build pressure in the lines. By keeping them hooked together I can relieve pressure when I pop them apart and the hook-up is much easier.

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I'm a believer in 3 also. I almost have my TNT on the way. That will leave one extra. When my grapple arrives I'll pipe it to the rear.

rear connect view 2.jpg

rear quarter view 2.jpg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I always use male/female male/female on my attachments for hookup.

1. You always hook it up right as it is sexed. Up is always up for instance, or right is always right etc.
2. You can keep the hoses on the attachment hooked together when not in use to keep them clean as well as have a built in pressure relief when you go to use them again.

Sometimes depending on the temperatures involved I would go to hook up my rake power angle piston and it would not be possible without relieving pressure via loosening a fitting. The temperature change would build pressure in the lines. By keeping them hooked together I can relieve pressure when I pop them apart and the hook-up is much easier.
That is a great idea I think! I never thought of doing that, and just used all female on the tractor, and had to mark both the tractor and the hoses with colors so I would know which way I should hook them up.

I put four remotes on mine, but to date have only regularly used three, and that is because I have two tilt cylinders.

I am in the "get three if you can" camp.

One option that I really like is having pilot operated check valves built into my valves, except for the one valve that has a float function, which I also really like. If you do not have check valves cylinders seem to leak down while you are operating. Check valves eliminate that and lock the cylinders in position. Not sure if this is an option with OEM installations though.

joearizona

Equipment
B2650 W/LA534 Loader & BB1260 Box Scraper, 48" Pallet forks, 72" Rake
Apr 24, 2019
Hidden Valley, Arizona
I used colored valcro straps to show hook ups. I didn't want to wait for months to get a set up so I did it myself. I worked on Hyd. equip. for ten yrs. before I retired in 2010, it was an easy install. the small right hand valve is extra and the so I can run a set of lines to the front for a grapple.
20200806_143625.jpg
20200806_151347.jpg
20200813_110626.jpg
JOY STICK W-HYD  LINES & QUICK CONNECTS.jpg
QUICK CONNECTS 2.jpg