Rear mount snowblowers

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Must not be cable cranked if you can go 360* .
Probably should have stated manual cable cranked.
Just curious how they usually come from the factory or
If I'm missing something and couldn't find any detailed pics or
info from the manual.

Last edited:

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Won't another wrap of cable give you more more rotation? You just don't want to aimit at your face,

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
For those of you with the manual cable cranked shute on your 3pt snowblower
what is the range or angle of motion on it 90* ? 180* ? more ?
<<< >>>
Our manual crank, cable operated rotates just a bit over 180`` because of how the cable spools up or down the crank bar depending on which direction you crank...

I'm thinking of adding a bit of skirt on either side of the top angle deflector, like out of an old rubber inter tube as there is always snow that blows back on me regardless of angle.. even blowing strait away behind me it seems..

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Thanks for the replies. Tim, good idea on the deflector.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
For those of you with the manual cable cranked shute on your 3pt snowblower
what is the range or angle of motion on it 90* ? 180* ? more ?
<<< >>>
Our manual crank, cable operated rotates just a bit over 180`` because of how the cable spools up or down the crank bar depending on which direction you crank...

I'm thinking of adding a bit of skirt on either side of the top angle deflector, like out of an old rubber inter tube as there is always snow that blows back on me regardless of angle.. even blowing strait away behind me it seems..
My Canadian Made Farm King with manual chute rotates 240 degrees.... almost enough to pucker each time chute spins to its max.
It has fixed stops so no way to turn it more regardless how cabling is made.

Reactions: 1 user

Spdfreak91

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Oct 7, 2020
Massachusetts
I have a land pride SB1051 , what holes do you guys have it set up for ? there's three at the top of it, fully extended, fully collapsed, and the middle. each one bring the snowblower further out, which on did you choose and why ? the manual isn't very clear on how far to go out.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Looking at page 19 of the on-line manual I found here:

I assume you are talking about the holes labelled A1, B1 and C1? It appears that they are chosen in concert with the choice of holes A through E, below, to adjust the distance from the tractor. So I guess the question really is "How far from my tractor should I adjust the blower?"

I guess it depends on your tractor. At the furthest setting, leverage effectively increases the load the 3ph must lift, especially when the blower is caked in snow and ice. This might be less of an issue on a bigger tractor with a FEL and/or front counterweights than on a smaller tractor without. It will also affect the ability to turn in deep snow -- the blower tends to act as a bit of a rudder and the further away it is from the rear tires, the more it tends to resist turns.

On the flip side, having the blower further from the tractor could help with traction both by applying more downforce on the rear tires (with blower slightly lifted) and by extending the reach from the rear tires.

The manual notes that the driveshaft may need to be shortened if the blower is brought closer to the tractor. But that also implies that the driveshaft does NOT need to be lengthened if you have a quick-hitch. Simply choose holes associated with B1 or C1 to compensate as required for the added reach of the quick-hitch.

Spdfreak91

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Oct 7, 2020
Massachusetts
I used the furthest holes so i didnt have to cut the pto since its easier to cut than to grow. :), its a B2601 so im assuming the furthest is what most people have but im not too sure, I havent really seen too much information on the matter.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
on my L3301 I run a 66" Buhler / Farm King / Allied blower which is 66" wide and 4 blade 10" fan and weighs in at about 525 pounds. Local dealers sell them for around $2600 US.

I use it ALOT and has never let me down.

Chain drive and has a great shear pin / clutch setup that allows for quick fix.

This weekend I ran over an 18" rnd piece of firewood that was under the snow. Pin sheared and fix takes less than 5 minutes and back up and running. Blowing unfamiliar driveways and bush paths for others makes me very glad I put some extra thought into how blowers handle such OMGosh moments.

The L3301 tractor didn't even feel the clutch/pin shear which was great could only tell seeing snow build up behind the unit so a L3301 seems to easily handle a 66" 2 stage with 10" 4 bladed fan.

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
I found & bought a used Buhler/Farm King/Allied 60" snow blower. Chute, manual chute rotation crank & cable assemblies all in poor condition, looked like it was used it to catapult rocks. But the key issue was all the drive components & bearings were tight, in good condition, with no excessive wear or play.
The unit also has four different 3-point frame adjustment length positions, secured by pins on each lower arm. The previous owner had moved the lower arms out about 8" past the longest pin hole location & tack welded the arms! Probably did this due to the PTO shaft being too long.
I ground off the welds and used the closest/shortest mounting location to my 2501. I reworked & lengthened the chute rotation handle, included a Ujoint so I easily can reach it without getting off the tractor. Also added plastic runners to skid shoes, a waterproof tool box for grease gun, shear bolts & wrenches. Chute got repainted & lined with UHMW sheeting.
The Sierra's are supposed to get slammed this week...so I'll soon find out about this stout Canadian-built snow-blower!
20211207_123400.jpg

NvRudder

Equipment
L2501DT, LA525, R14's, Bison NVHA210 84" RB, Allied 60" SB, Diamond C 10k Dump
Jun 15, 2021
Northern NV
I found & bought a used Buhler/Farm King/Allied 60" snow blower. Chute, manual chute rotation crank & cable assemblies all in poor condition, looked like it was used it to catapult rocks. But the key issue was all the drive components & bearings were tight, in good condition, with no excessive wear or play.
The unit also has four different 3-point frame adjustment length positions, secured by pins on each lower arm. The previous owner had moved the lower arms out about 8" past the longest pin hole location & tack welded the arms! Probably did this due to the PTO shaft being too long.
I ground off the welds and used the closest/shortest mounting location to my 2501. I reworked & lengthened the chute rotation handle, included a Ujoint so I easily can reach it without getting off the tractor. Also added plastic runners to skid shoes, a waterproof tool box for grease gun, shear bolts & wrenches. Chute got repainted & lined with UHMW sheeting.
The Sierra's are supposed to get slammed this week...so I'll soon find out about this stout Canadian-built snow-blower!
View attachment 71426
Forgot to mention modified the top link attachment to be QH compatible...

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I moved snow with a front mounted blower on a BX for five years which worked out well, particularly when the snow was dry. I'm also looking at a 3-point snow blower solution to compliment the hydraulic snow blade I already have, but continually looking over my shoulder isn't appealing. The new MX that I ordered has a mirror inside the cab as well as the optional side mirrors so I can't imagine I'd need to look over my shoulder that much. Anyone here using mirrors "exclusively" to move snow?
mcmxi: What size and model is the "hydraulic snow blade" you mentioned?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I've been thinking about this. Where/how would you mount mirrors on an open station tractor?

(As for blowers, my IH-80 keeps on working, but newer ones must be more efficient, I'd think)
Bob, before I made a cab for my old JD750 tractor, I clamped a bracket to the top of the rops that held the mirror just above and in front of me. That was 25+ years ago and I don't think there's any pics of it. But it held the mirror in basically the exact same position as you can see it in the link of my post #20. In fact, that's the very same mirror I still use today inside the B2650 cab I fabbed up.
David

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
mcmxi: What size and model is the "hydraulic snow blade" you mentioned?
I ended up buying an SB1574 that I found on Craigslist.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Bob, before I made a cab for my old JD750 tractor, I clamped a bracket to the top of the rops that held the mirror just above and in front of me. That was 25+ years ago and I don't think there's any pics of it. But it held the mirror in basically the exact same position as you can see it in the link of my post #20. In fact, that's the very same mirror I still use today inside the B2650 cab I fabbed up.
David
Thanks. I was hoping to keep the ROPS down *there's one tree branch over the yard that I an barely if under in the summer. It doesn't take much snow till I can't fit the upright ROPS under it. We don't have anything at all like a hill (and I never had a ROPS before). I guess I oughta cut the branch but stuff grows really slow here and it shades a lot of the house/porch in the summer evenings.