Rear End : Sight Glass Part Number ? - See pics.

Drifthopper

Equipment
2000 L3710 HST w/ Woods 1012 FEL. LandPride FDR2572, 60" Brush Hog: Need 60" BB
Apr 22, 2022
Western New York
Virgin poster........ 1st post. You guys suckered me in to registering..! :)

I lurked for awhile, scrolling back thru the topics, but it will not let you search the forums if you are not a member.

New to me : 2000 L3710 HST , FEL , 1750 hrs.

Bought it from the original owner, got it to take care of our hunting camp... driveway maintenance, brush hogging, grass cutting, ditch work....etc....

Well,,,, trailered it out to Camp, And when going over it, ( See Pictures,) I just happened to tap on the sight glass, and it fell off...!!
I was like.... What the Heck..!
I was looking all over for silicone, ( I've read posts on them leaking ) didn't have any, was thinking about going into town, but that would have blown an hour, and had planned to do some driveway work,,,so we had a can of Flex Seal.
i figured... what the heck.... give it a try.
Cleaned the black plastic piece that was still in the rear end, and the sight glass itself. Used starting fluid to clean em ... it cuts & washes away the oil and evaporites fast.. its a staple at camp.....its a great cleaner.
Sprayed some Flex Seal on a paper plate, used a needle from the white pine tree to coat the entire perimeter of the plastic sight glass, and stuck it back on.

Fully looked the rest of the tractor over..... so it got to set for about 30 ......maybe 45 minutes,

Started it up.... went to work.

I don't think it leaked. ran the unit for about 3 hours doing driveway work. So... i guess the Flex Seal must'a worked.

But when i do a rear fluid change.... i'd like to change that sight glass.

So..... if anyone out there has a part number for it, that would be greatly appreciated...!

Thanks guys..... These Forums are great..! Glad to be a Member..!

As by my user name... I'm into Snowmobiling here in Western New York, and use that handle on all the boards.

Attachments

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Ha! Welcome to the forum. And yet another use for Flex Seal!
I never tried snowmobiling but it looks like a great time.
Fortunately here in NC we just don't see that much of the white stuff.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd be tempted to buy TWO of those sights... At $15 if it sits on the shelf forever, it's cheap 'insurance' !! I call it the 'Noah principle'.

Reactions: 1 users

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Flex Seal is petroleum based. The oil combined with heat will eventually dissolve it. Next trip to the camp bring a tube of oil resistant RTV like Permatex Ultra Black.

Reactions: 1 users

Drifthopper

Equipment
2000 L3710 HST w/ Woods 1012 FEL. LandPride FDR2572, 60" Brush Hog: Need 60" BB
Apr 22, 2022
Western New York
Thanks guys...!! (y)

I'm not a big fan of flex seal,... but it was all i had at the time. It worked for the day.
I'll order one this week, going up to Camp this coming weekend.... visiting friends Friday nite, going to a farm auction on Saturday, ( in the market for a box blade ) and opening day of spring turkey season is Sunday.

Reactions: 1 user