Rear Attachment for Belt Driven Mower?

orangekuby

Equipment
TG1860G, BX2200
Aug 9, 2019
United States
The TG1860G I have has a PTO pulley on the back. As far as I know Kubota never made any rear attachments for this model, they were all belly/front attachments (I think I have them all already). I'd like to see if I can mount a tiller (of any brand) and run it off this belt. Does anyone have pointers to threads/people who have done this?

There's plenty of space on the sides of the frame to attach a mount system, which I don't have a problem fabricating. I'm just curious how anyone has gone from using this PTO pulley to running anything else. I think I'd need to come up with a way to convert the horizontal belt rotation to a vertical or perpendicular rotation for a tiller.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The TG1860G I have has a PTO pulley on the back. As far as I know Kubota never made any rear attachments for this model, they were all belly/front attachments (I think I have them all already). I'd like to see if I can mount a tiller (of any brand) and run it off this belt. Does anyone have pointers to threads/people who have done this?

There's plenty of space on the sides of the frame to attach a mount system, which I don't have a problem fabricating. I'm just curious how anyone has gone from using this PTO pulley to running anything else. I think I'd need to come up with a way to convert the horizontal belt rotation to a vertical or perpendicular rotation for a tiller.
Cub Cadet's 2185 series had provision for powering a tiller from a horizontal shaft engine.

The mid mount mower was driven using the front lower pulleys
forum V belt tiller.jpg

Dave