Rear 12v outlet for L2501

Philly20

Equipment
L2501 HST
Jan 5, 2016
Michigan
First month with the new L and made my first mod, so to speak. I added a rear 12v marine-rated power outlet for a work light and/or sprayer. The best spot for me was under the reflective device mount. I went online and got the connecter to match the factory work light plug under the fender. The connector is a 2-pin VHF/UHF power connector (looks like a T). You'll need the female one, which is confusing because it has the spades. Everything else I had laying around. With my former B, I took the time to wire a switch up to the dash and permanently affix lights to the rops, which, in retrospect, was overly complicated. With this set up I'll just stick a magnetic led light on the rops when needed which is usually only in the winter when plowing snow.

Attachments

Reactions: 11 users

Repair

Equipment
2017 L2501 - 2020 L2501
Apr 17, 2017
Lebanon, TN
Nice installation, looks factory but since I have a backhoe the bracket you used has been removed.

What is the AMP rating on the light?

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Nice installation, looks factory but since I have a backhoe the bracket you used has been removed.

Very nice installation!
As Repair asked, do you know what the amp rating is on the work light circuit ?
Would that circuit be able to handle a 2.2 gallon per minute herbicide sprayer pump. The pump install sheet says to have a 15amp fuse, along with a minimum wire gauge of 14. Pump is rated at maximum amp draw at 8 amps.

Philly20

Equipment
L2501 HST
Jan 5, 2016
Michigan
The work light circuit is 10 amps. Finding an led work light should be no issue but the sprayer pump might be a different story. I know most 2.2 gpm pumps are around 8 amps. I've never had a problem running them on an ATV. I guess I'll find out.

Philly20

Equipment
L2501 HST
Jan 5, 2016
Michigan

I actually haven't bought the light yet. Honestly, with 10 amps to work with I might find a nice led light bar just the same. There are a ton of options on Amazon. What I like about this set up is if the prospective light turns out to be a POS it won't involve rewiring anything to replace it.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
When you feel like Tim the Tool Man Taylor and need "More Power"