RCK 60-23BX mower Belt Replacement

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Curious to see how many people have replaced there mower deck belt with a aftermarket one. And what brand did you go with. How well is it standing up. I called Kubota to get a replacement belt for my mower deck and I can't believe the price that's being asked for this belt. Kubota # K5763-34710. If anyone has replaced there's with a different brand could you please let me know what you did,.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
$130 at Messicks https://www.messicks.com/part/K5763-34712?vendorcode=KU (the original belt has been replaced by a new model number).

I see after market ones around $50-60. So that's a meaningful saving. https://www.ebay.com/itm/111625072833

This looked like better quality at $95. https://www.mowmore.com/products/replaces-kubota-belt-k5763-34710-k5763-34712

And this looked potentially very low quality for $24. :) https://www.gprindustrial.com/en/be...34710-kubota-rck60b-24g-aftermarket-belt.html

I would probably buy the OEM one personally. But I don't really see what can go wrong with an after market one, other than it having a shorter life. It's not really going to break the mower, and it's unlikely to hurt you unless you're exceptionally unlucky - it's just going to wear or break the belt. At $24 it'd have to be a lot shorter life before it'd be a big problem - you could buy 5 of them for the price of the OEM one.

Reactions: 3 users

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
In case your wondering why I'm asking North of the border prices are nuts. Priced out from 2 different Dealers $279. & $ 306. for OEM. Even tried after market and to get them to me still just around $250 with shipping and fees . So this is why I'am asking. Thanks for the replies .
Of course I'd rather stick with oem .Mine is still working after 9 yrs but is showing it's age and would like to replace it soon.

Reactions: 1 user

FattyArbuckle

May 28, 2023
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Last alternative would be to get two single V belts from an industrial supply house near you. Make sure 2 belts are from same manufacturer to minimize stretch differences. I've done this on other equipment. Ultimately comes down to short vs long cost & convenience.
Installing 2 belts can be harder than installing a single belt.
FYI I've found when installing a mower belt put it onto one of the driven pulleys last - not the idler. That has been easiest for me.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I’ve had good luck with stens belts on the 20 or so mowers at work I keep running. We have Kubota, Toro, grasshopper and Scag.

I’m setup as a dealer, so I get them a bit cheaper than list price.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The belt on my BX22 mower deck lasted almost 20 years until I sold the tractor with the mower deck. I would remove the belt every fall and reinstall it in the spring.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
My K dealer has everything on the shelf and I know it will fit. They even have parts in stock for my 30 year old Land Pride RFM. I managed to break a spindle last year after nailing a buried rock while cutting around old fence lines. I called the dealer had a brand new spindle assembly in hand the next day.

Will your aftermarket supplier be around that long and give you that kind of service and support? I've had no quality or service life issues with my OEM K belts and parts.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm 253/24 is close to 10,so TEN belts vs one 'OEM' belt. Since K doesn't make the belts, an 'aftermarket' one might just be made by the original manufacturer.
I've had great success with 'Made in India' blue belts from Princess Auto, even on one of my loaner riders that does 1.5 acres of ROUGH 'lawn'. The one on the forklift (PITA to change...) has lasted 6x longer than the 'Gates' one.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The belt on my BX22 mower deck lasted almost 20 years until I sold the tractor with the mower deck. I would remove the belt every fall and reinstall it in the spring.
Like DustyRusty, My BX mower belt also lasted nearly 20 years. When I replaced it, it had actually separated and was working as two independent V belts (which are normally joined together). BUT still working.

I went with the OEM belt as a replacement. Costs a bit more...but...I figured it was worth it to me if it performs as well as the first one. Time will tell the replacement is as good as the original. (I hope!)(given my age...)

I never removed my belt over winter but used to release the tension spring...but that got old and I probably did not do that for the last ten years or so...