RB1672 vs RB2672

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
B2650HSDC

Can you go to small on a blade?

Sizing chart says either would work as well as an RB2684. I don't think I need the 84".

Thoughts?

Recommendations.

Experiences.

Mostly for snow clean up and for gravel driveway. Landplane is main driveway tool, but it is not great in wet conditions.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I went with the 2672 for my B2650 and have only used a little but it seems to be the right size. For snow only the 84 might be ok, but would be afraid it might pull me to the side.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Your Kubota weighs in around 1,000 pounds heavier than my Ford 1210 that is happy with 72" rear blade for snow removal. The preferred way of plowing snow is to drive forward with the blade angled to cast the snow to the side. There are deeper or heavier snows that do turn the blade into a rudder. Had the same trouble with a 5' blade in those conditions, so I'd go wider and experiment with methods. There were times I'd make the first few runs without lowering the blade the whole way. Take smaller bites after the initial path, etc. For really deep or heavy snow I've plowed backwards.

Our driveway was gravel for years. The land plane (a homebrew one at that) was the best tool for keeping it in shape. The rear blade wasn't very useful.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Your Kubota weighs in around 1,000 pounds heavier than my Ford 1210 that is happy with 72" rear blade for snow removal. The preferred way of plowing snow is to drive forward with the blade angled to cast the snow to the side. There are deeper or heavier snows that do turn the blade into a rudder. Had the same trouble with a 5' blade in those conditions, so I'd go wider and experiment with methods. There were times I'd make the first few runs without lowering the blade the whole way. Take smaller bites after the initial path, etc. For really deep or heavy snow I've plowed backwards.

Our driveway was gravel for years. The land plane (a homebrew one at that) was the best tool for keeping it in shape. The rear blade wasn't very useful.
For snow removal, primary tool is a front mount snowblower. Blade will be for those areas snowblower can't get to or for light snow fall.

For the driveway(it's really a dirt driveway that needs proper completion), it is more for drainage ditches and wet/muddy times.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I use a an old 72 inch ford 8N rear blade behind mine. It works well.

Used the same one behind the old BX and it was a little large for that machine in heavy snow.

I'd stick with the 6 footer. It's short enough to provide enough clearance to spin it around backwards if you want as well.

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
I use a an old 72 inch ford 8N rear blade behind mine. It works well.

Used the same one behind the old BX and it was a little large for that machine in heavy snow.

I'd stick with the 6 footer. It's short enough to provide enough clearance to spin it around backwards if you want as well.
That is an excellent point made by DD - being able to spin the blade on the back of the tractor is useful. Your subject is about the 1672 vs the 2672 though and they are almost the same blade. here is a good link comparing the specs on the two as well as the 84" discussed above
https://cdn-assets.greatplainsmfg.com/ari/attach/lp/public/specs/301-375s.pdf

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I took a look at the 1672 and it looks plenty big for my needs, at this time.

They said there was a used, tan/yellow Land Pride, unit with hydraulics that they would sell me for a good deal. It was not a bad deal, but I don't have rear hydraulics/remotes. He said just get a pin, maybe he would "find" one somewhere, until you get rear set up.

As I was driving home it occurred to me, WITH the hydraulic angle set up you can't spin the blade to push with it. The plate that the cylinder connects to only has a connection on one side, it is different than the manual plate. Maybe the pin would allow this to work, but the cylinder pins are held in with cotter pins, so more adapting. :confused:

Anyone have a comment or experience with this?

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
You could easily pull the hydraulic cylinder off and just use a pin. Sell the cylinder or put it aside for later. If the deal is good why not?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's odd that they didn't make the cylinder mounting bi directional???

But just pull the cotter pins and replace with hair pins so they can easily be removed when needed.