Raptorbota

Dwats

Oct 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN
So I posted some pics in a thread a while back in which a poster was wondering about bed lining his floor plates. I posted a pic of mine that I Raptor Lined. I have everything lined bit am replacing trim on the hood and am waiting for it to come in. When I get the hood on I'll add more pics. I very pleased with the way it turned out. I'm not sure the tint I bought is Kubota orange but it will do.
IMG_20210109_144435.jpg
IMG_20210109_144451.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

tractorX

Equipment
KUBOTA L2501 DT 5' BOX BLADE 42" FORKS PIRANHA TB 5' BUSH HOG 6' GRADER
Sep 27, 2013
Rock Spring GA.
hey man, its orange enuff... looks real good! definitely like the bed liner on the floor boards vs the mats... think im gonna do mine this summer when i do my truck bed. jam up work!

Dwats

Oct 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN
How did you apply the bed liner? Spray, roll or brush?
The act of spraying the liner is really easy. There are how-to vids all over youtube. Some even mod spray guns, like the purple one from HF. How rough you want the surface is a matter of gun used, distance from the surface, and PSI. The work is in the prep. I did a lot of sanding and cleaning. Again all kinds of how-to vids out there, including from U-Pol. I did this for a couple of reasons. First, after 9 years the paint was showing its age in general, and mowing around a lot of trees had left it pretty scuffed up. The other reason is that a pretty big piece of lumber had fallen on the hood leaving a decent dent. The body shop wanted $250-300 to fix it. And being on a crease that would have left bare metal. So then paint the hood, which would have looked stupid, so then I'm at painting the whole tractor, which wasn't going to happen. About that time a guy on a Land Rover forum I visit posted pics of his Discovery he had Raptor lined. That set of the lightbulb, because I knew the liner would hide small imperfections. So I beat the dent out and sprayed it.
IMG_20201129_210526.jpg

IMG_20201204_204259.jpg

That was after one coat. After two more the dent is unnoticeable.

I liked it so much I blacked out the kid's hood and side mirrors on his 4Runner. Will end up doing the whole thing.
IMG_20201231_124904(1).jpg

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

tractorX

Equipment
KUBOTA L2501 DT 5' BOX BLADE 42" FORKS PIRANHA TB 5' BUSH HOG 6' GRADER
Sep 27, 2013
Rock Spring GA.
man tractor looks great! i gots lots of spring jobs lined up start'n with paint'n my 03 taco. like the hood on the 4runner too. im gonna take leftover black and do the floorboards and side on fenders... all scratched up from clear'n, burn'n brush, cut'n trees up, etc.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
The act of spraying the liner is really easy. There are how-to vids all over youtube. Some even mod spray guns, like the purple one from HF. How rough you want the surface is a matter of gun used, distance from the surface, and PSI. The work is in the prep. I did a lot of sanding and cleaning. Again all kinds of how-to vids out there, including from U-Pol. I did this for a couple of reasons. First, after 9 years the paint was showing its age in general, and mowing around a lot of trees had left it pretty scuffed up. The other reason is that a pretty big piece of lumber had fallen on the hood leaving a decent dent. The body shop wanted $250-300 to fix it. And being on a crease that would have left bare metal. So then paint the hood, which would have looked stupid, so then I'm at painting the whole tractor, which wasn't going to happen. About that time a guy on a Land Rover forum I visit posted pics of his Discovery he had Raptor lined. That set of the lightbulb, because I knew the liner would hide small imperfections. So I beat the dent out and sprayed it. View attachment 53323
View attachment 53324

That was after one coat. After two more the dent is unnoticeable.

I liked it so much I blacked out the kid's hood and side mirrors on his 4Runner. Will end up doing the whole thing.
View attachment 53326
Good looking job. Dented my hood may have to look into this