Ran great 2 min. Then power loss and lots of black smoke

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Had not run my B2410 in about a week. It started good. I backed it out of the shed and started down the drive over to the cellar garage. As I said about 2 minutes it ran great. Then it stumbled lost RPM and started lots of black smoke from the exhaust. It would only hold about 1200 rpm and would just barely move. I shut it down. Lots of thoughts in my head. It was obvious it was running with way to much fuel. Injector stuck open? Something wrong with injector pump?
I had replaced the air filter about 10 hours ago so I did not think it could be plugged air filter. Plus it had started and run fine. However I decided "KISS".
Keep it simple stupid. So I opened up the air cleaner. Look at what I found.

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Had not run my B2410 in about a week. It started good. I backed it out of the shed and started down the drive over to the cellar garage. As I said about 2 minutes it ran great. Then it stumbled lost RPM and started lots of black smoke from the exhaust. It would only hold about 1200 rpm and would just barely move. I shut it down. Lots of thoughts in my head. It was obvious it was running with way to much fuel. Injector stuck open? Something wrong with injector pump?
I had replaced the air filter about 10 hours ago so I did not think it could be plugged air filter. Plus it had started and run fine. However I decided "KISS".
Keep it simple stupid. So I opened up the air cleaner. Look at what I found.
Air cleaners come with white footed deer mice these days???