R4's for Kubota L6060

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
After doing my homework I have decided that the best way to get a wider R4 on the front of my L6060 is to replace the fronts with 12-16.5 R4's and the Rear with 21L-24 R4's. That will give me a positive Lead instead of the 3% lag that Kubota seems to think is okay from the factory.
Can anyone here tell me if I am going to have fitment issues OR if there is perhaps a smarter way to do this?

Schmitty

Equipment
L4740, grapple, forks, box blade
Mar 25, 2018
Madison, WI
Dean, where did you find the Front:Rear axle ratio for the L6060? I looked through my manual(s) and couldn't find it for my tractor...maybe they are all the same or similar? I've got a project in progress to replace the fronts with solid wheels and I'd like to confirm I'm still within an acceptable factory range of lead/lag, preferring lead, of course.

Regarding your question, I would get the tire measurements and eyeball the clearances. Additionally, I would evaluate:

-Would your new tires go onto the old rims?
-If no, is there a change in offset that would cause interference?
-Could you still turn the front tires fully without interference? Even with full axle articulation?
-Will the lower 3-pt arms hit the rear tires if swaying?

A more difficult process might be to find a gear that could be swapped in so that only the front tires needed to be replaces. Perhaps these are interchangeable between some models? And, perhaps it'd be cheaper than two rear tires?

Regards,
John

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
Dean, where did you find the Front:Rear axle ratio for the L6060? I looked through my manual(s) and couldn't find it for my tractor...maybe they are all the same or similar? I've got a project in progress to replace the fronts with solid wheels and I'd like to confirm I'm still within an acceptable factory range of lead/lag, preferring lead, of course.

Regarding your question, I would get the tire measurements and eyeball the clearances. Additionally, I would evaluate:

-Would your new tires go onto the old rims?
-If no, is there a change in offset that would cause interference?
-Could you still turn the front tires fully without interference? Even with full axle articulation?
-Will the lower 3-pt arms hit the rear tires if swaying?

A more difficult process might be to find a gear that could be swapped in so that only the front tires needed to be replaces. Perhaps these are interchangeable between some models? And, perhaps it'd be cheaper than two rear tires?

Regards,
John
Yes Indeed I was hoping someone had already crossed that bridge. Thats why I am posting here.