Quote Review?

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Hey folks, been lurking for a good while, researching for eventual purchase. The day is nigh. Too close, in fact, kinda snuck up on me. Wish I'd have posted this earlier but I've been busy with work and life... Anyway, Kubota Field Event coming up on Saturday at my dealer. I was hoping to get some feedback on my quote to see if it was reasonable. I like my sales guy, he seems honest and knowledgeable, but he's still a salesman so validation would be appreciated. First time tractor buyer so I'm pretty anxious. Any input from vets would be hugely appreciated. I just yesterday tacked on the 3rd Function Valve for future addition of a grapple. I know the kit is only $700-800, and it seems pretty simple from what I've seen but the cost is $1000 including installation. Questioning that item a bit, but otherwise I'm really excited to get this started. Any input would be hugely appreciated!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sodark

Equipment
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Oh... Pertinent information, perhaps? B2650 (No cab), BH77 Backhoe. Added 3rd Function Valve for future addition of a grapple. Opted out of tire fill on account of the BH which will rarely if ever be removed providing an additional ~850 lbs per recommendation from salesman... Rather not completely destroy the lawn, after all. R4 tires. That's all I can think of. Again, any advice is much appreciated!

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Oh... Pertinent information, perhaps? B2650 (No cab), BH77 Backhoe. Added 3rd Function Valve for future addition of a grapple. Opted out of tire fill on account of the BH which will rarely if ever be removed providing an additional ~850 lbs per recommendation from salesman... Rather not completely destroy the lawn, after all. R4 tires. That's all I can think of. Again, any advice is much appreciated!

You might check out the thread on L3901 price check. Seems you both have the same options only he has a bigger tractor.

Sour

Apr 27, 2018
Leesburg, Virginia

Yeah, I got a quote for the 3901 with pretty much the same setup for only a couple hundred more.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I waited and bought a diverter valve kit from KennyG who is a contributor on here and couldn't be happier. It is for a EA Wicked Compact 50" grapple.

Installed myself, had the local parts store make a couple of lines and life has been good since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
I gave 1100 for my 3rd function installed. Different tractor but probably same valve & buttons. 8200 for my bh92 with undercarriage installed and 900 for my 24 inch bucket for it. They can scramble all the numbers they need to, to make it seem some parts or implements cost a little less. I ended up with about $40k total and I felt good about my deal. My dealer has kept in contact and fixing an issue now about some white stuff in the sight glass. He’s trying to make things right. I heard a lot about dealer support and I believe I have that with mine. I probably gave more than I should have for a toy to play in the dirt with and probably didn’t get as good of a deal as many have for the same setup I got. I did get the best deal from the 3 dealers I shopped b4 purchase. I also felt better about dealing with them as compared to the other 2 after many phone calls to each and a few visits to their sales lots. No pushy sales tactics, taking time to advise me and putting me on each model and answering all the questions I had sold me mine, besides being less than the other two dealers were. My advice is to get a couple more quotes from other dealers and see who you feel better about dealing with while you are gettin the quotes

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
Sounds a little high.

I got a B2650HSD, LA 534 with SSQA 60" bucket, BH77 with 16" bucket and thumb.

$24,100 delivered.

Sodark

Equipment
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Late response, sorry - I had to uninstall tapatalk and a few other apps to make room for pictures during a family trip but kept checking the thread on the computer at work. So I went ahead and signed my debt-free life away, took delivery on 05-23. I love it. Just put the 8th hour on it (it arrived with 2?) so I've got a lot of learning and practice to do, which I look forward to all day at work, lol. I went to the dealer during a Kubota event to get an extra $300 discount, a toy for my son and a hot dog and my sales rep took me over to show me *my* tractor which was on display in the lot because of the extra stuff on it. The thought of other people dicking around on my tractor didn't quite sit well with me, but I'm anal like that so tried not to dwell on it. Figured there would be a lot of staff monitoring and was assured it would not be started. Has some scratches on the plastic where the seatbelt bolts contact when reversing the seat to/from backhoe position (if not done with the level of care only the new owner would have) but other than that is a thing of beauty. I have since, reluctantly, put some dirt and barn muck on it but I still try to wash her clean at the end of the day. Just wanted to say thank you all for the advice and apologize in advance for the stupid questions I'll bring to the table in the future. I have learned a lot here so far and appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge and experience.

Watchwldr

Equipment
B2650, La534 FEL, Land Pride STB1072 Snow Blade, Home Made 600#Ballast Box
Jun 17, 2018
Coatesville Pa USA
Great looking rig and the operator looks like he's happy with it.
I live cross country from you but just bought the same tractor/ loader with an eye towards the BH next year. Keep us posted on how you're doing with it and don't wear out your wash cloth on her!! George in PA

jhrodd

Jul 30, 2018
Bellingham, WA, USA
Sodark, How did you get away from the KTAC insurance. I was all set to buy pretty much the same setup but the hang up with my home owners insurance is they can't list Kubota as a "loss payee" The Kubota is about $5k more than all the competitors and they won't give me any discount for cash. I was going to take some comfort in the fact that it's got 0% financing, but if they tack on $500/year for insurance now it's a whopping $7k more expensive. I love my Kubotas, but really.......

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Late response, sorry - I had to uninstall tapatalk and a few other apps to make room for pictures during a family trip but kept checking the thread on the computer at work. So I went ahead and signed my debt-free life away, took delivery on 05-23. I love it. Just put the 8th hour on it (it arrived with 2?) so I've got a lot of learning and practice to do, which I look forward to all day at work, lol. I went to the dealer during a Kubota event to get an extra $300 discount, a toy for my son and a hot dog and my sales rep took me over to show me *my* tractor which was on display in the lot because of the extra stuff on it. The thought of other people dicking around on my tractor didn't quite sit well with me, but I'm anal like that so tried not to dwell on it. Figured there would be a lot of staff monitoring and was assured it would not be started. Has some scratches on the plastic where the seatbelt bolts contact when reversing the seat to/from backhoe position (if not done with the level of care only the new owner would have) but other than that is a thing of beauty. I have since, reluctantly, put some dirt and barn muck on it but I still try to wash her clean at the end of the day. Just wanted to say thank you all for the advice and apologize in advance for the stupid questions I'll bring to the table in the future. I have learned a lot here so far and appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge and experience.

Advice on the phone piece with storage. I just had my 3 year old iphone 6+ fail on me, and back then I opted for the largest memory available, because I use it for work... it was 120 gb i believe. Couldn’t fill it. Now I have one with 256 GB i think which I wont fill again. When your phone dies get a larger capacity phone or get one of those samsungs where you can put an SD card in it. If it were up to me I’d have no cell phone (as I type this on my phone... doh!) , or a simple flip phone.... but if you’re gonna have one might as well get one that makes it easier. These darn things are taking our lives away. Modern progression as they call it.

Sodark

Equipment
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Sodark, How did you get away from the KTAC insurance. I was all set to buy pretty much the same setup but the hang up with my home owners insurance is they can't list Kubota as a "loss payee" The Kubota is about $5k more than all the competitors and they won't give me any discount for cash. I was going to take some comfort in the fact that it's got 0% financing, but if they tack on $500/year for insurance now it's a whopping $7k more expensive. I love my Kubotas, but really.......
I have USAA homeowners insurance and called them to verify that they would cover it to the satisfaction of the Kubota suits. The agent did some checking and asked a few questions, notably that the machine was to be used for land/home improvement and not agriculture or commercial use. She said it would be covered during transport... But I'm weary. I didn't get anything in writing, so all I have is her word and her interpretation of the policy. I hope to never test either, but don't plan to move it off my property much, if ever. Financing department didn't seem to have any issues with it, I have to assume they made their own phone calls to verify.