quick hitch built into lift arm

spoon059

Equipment
1988 B9200
Mar 18, 2023
Washington, DC
Hi everyone, I will be inheriting a 1987 B9200 from my father when I retire in a couple years. It is in very good shape, less than 800 original hours on it. All of the implements are different brands... Countyline carry all, Kubota tiller, another brand finish mower, etc. I'd like a quick hitch system, but a traditional quick hitch won't work. The Pats Easy change is nice, but it adds a couple inches to the length, which reduces my lifting capability and it seems like a lot of strain on the u-bolt to keep the attachments from rotating under the weight. The Pats also seems a little expensive for what it is.

I want to find a replacement lifting link arm with a built in quick coupler like the Pats system, but an all-in-one arm and quick coupler.

I found this company in Finland that offers the product that I think I want, but can't seem to find an American distributor. https://lhlift.com/en/products/lower-link-arms/

Has anyone seen what I am describing? Any ideas on what exactly to search for? Thanks all!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Never seen anything like that, for that small of a tractor.
Most all of the lift links like that are for much larger models.

Any quick hitch setup is still going to lift more weight that anything you could put on it.
A few inches added to the three point doesn't reduce the liftings capacity enough to matter.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
These are available as weld-on pieces.
They are available as pictured, cat 1, cat 1-2 or cat 2.
You would need the cat 1 units.
Euro quick hitch hooks are what I have always called them.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I had a Pat’s hitch on a small tractor for years. Other than buying a longer top link, it worked great, and I never had an issue with it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious...found these..

seems simple to cut yours, weld these on,no need to buy another top link OR PTO shaft.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The Pats Easy change is nice, but it adds a couple inches to the length, which reduces my lifting capability and it seems like a lot of strain on the u-bolt to keep the attachments from rotating under the weight.
The rear three points on Kubota's will lift much more than you can probably drive around with stock while keeping the front wheels on the ground. If it is having problems lifting, it's more likely that the hydraulic system is low on fluid.

If you want to take the Pats off, you might be able to find a buyer for it. However, I wouldn't add anything back to it in its place if you really think the weight is going to make a difference.

If you think the Pats is moving too much, contact the manufacturer to ensure it is assembled correctly. Maybe you just need a better job mounting.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
curious...found these..

seems simple to cut yours, weld these on,no need to buy another top link OR PTO shaft.
The only time that they would not add ANY length is if you have a straight draft link with no bends back at the implement connection point. I personally have NEVER seen such a draft link.

Based on the typical weld position of the draft link ball swivel, the Euro hooks will add 2 1/8" to the overall length. You can fudge that a small amount, but not 2" worth that I have seen and still have the hitch work as designed.

But then there is always the possibility of the exception. :rolleyes: