"Quick Attach": EA, Ai2, or Tach-n-go?

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
I have a BX 2370 with LA 243 loader and would like to get a "quick attach" kit for it along with a set of pallet forks. Have shopped online Everything Attachments (EA), Ai2 Products, and Tach-n-go. It appears that the EA unit is different from the other two in that it is the universal skid steer type requiring a bracket to be welded onto the OEM bucket. I don't care to go to that expense and have no reason to want to use skid steer attachments, so that leaves the other two, which both are impressive. I like the Tach-n-go unit the best--seems to be a tad easier to attach and remove with no pins or retainers to lose. Their forks, however, don't appear to be adjustable for width, which would be a problem for me. I like, however, how they can also be used with the 3pt hitch. The Ai2 units are also very nice and their forks are width-adjustable. I wonder if the Tach-n-go hitch would mate up with the Ai2 forks? I'm assuming they would if they both are advertised to work with the Kubota BX6215 q/a. I'm still waiting on a price from Jery for the Tach-n-go, whereas the Ai2 prices are right on their website, a plus. Opinions, anyone? Thanks.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have ATI's on both my Kubota's and have absolutely no issues with either. Very stout. I believe ATI makes them for smaller tractors as well. They are 100% plug and play.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I cannot give you advice on which system to go with but I do own an AI2 Rock Bucket. I am well satisfied with the quality. It fits my BX6315 QA very well. I can change out buckets in about two minutes start to finish.

Just a comment on the BX 6315 QA. Its design takes away about 100 lbs of lifting capacity and not many implements are made for it. There does not seem to be a lot of interest in that QA system. It also produces some slop in the connection points and this cannot be mitigated. For ease of use and low cost the BX6315 fills that part of the bill. That beinng said, if I were to do it over again I think that I would look for a different product because of the very limited attachments available that fit the BX6315.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
I’d say go Ai2 there are many many people with their setups.. they make amazing buckets, large material bucket, pallet forks and ton of other great add ons. If you go on YouTube you will find lots of people with their quick attach setup and how much they love it.. it seems to be the easiest system yet and their quick attach works with all kubota implements/attachments as well I think.

I just wish Ai2 would catch up and start making their implements work for the newest 80 series LA340 loaders.. they make amazing implements but none of which are skid steer quick attach compatible yet to my knowledge.. when they do finally start making their attachments skid steer compatible I’ll be one of their best customers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
Well, I've run into a snag in that neither Tach-n-go or Ai2 has the hitch or forks in stock, they have to be manufactured. Jery at Tach-n-go says not until spring, Tony at Ai2 says a couple of weeks. The Tach-n-go is $250 more than the Ai2 but includes a 2" receiver. I guess at this point I'll be going with the Ai2 unit, although I'd prefer the Tach-n-go. Having said that, they both seem to be excellent products. We'll see. Thanks for the input, BTW...Forgot to mention that Tony said the Ai2 is now made to fit the 80 series....

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
I'm sorry for the necro post. I'm new here, I've noticed some forums will burn you at the stake for that, some don't care. If y'all are the former I beg forgiveness!

I am considering the Tach N Go vs the AI2. I'm struggling, I think they're both good products.

For those of you who have the AI2, here a few years later, do you still love it?

I would miss the opportunity to use Jery's mini grapple, but I plan to add "the thumb" to a set of forks, which will probably cover all my needs for a "grapple" anyway. The lack of. 2" receiver built in is a strike but not a huge loss. There are ways past that.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you go with anything other than 'SSQA', then you're locked into ONE manufacturer for attachments. That may not seem like a 'big deal', until you decide you NEED 'something' that they don't make, or worse...go out of business(3 days before you need a replacement part...). SSQA is universal, hundreds of mfrs of attachments. As well any welder/bodger can MAKE custom devices...BTDT.

Reactions: 1 user

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
This morning I'm checking out SSQA adapters hot and heavy, and it looks like these all space my attachments out up to 6" from the pins. That's another reason I'm looking at the AI2 and Tach N Go.

They are tailored to the sub compact tractors and only weight 50 lbs, while only putting my attachments 2-3" out past the pins.

If I could find something that will only put them out 3-4" tops, I could weld a plate onto my bucket to convert it. However looks like those plates add 90#s or so.