Put a hitch on my BX bucket

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I was wanting a way to 'pick up stuff" with my bucket.(stuff that wouldn't fit *IN* the bucket....like my mower deck for example)

So far I have used biiiig ratchet straps to put a single big 8' chunk of 4x4 pressure treated post under the bucket like giant (square) bale spear.

Another day I even went so far as cutting 2 x 48" pieces of HD pipe and ratchet strapping (etc.) them to the bucket as pseudo pallet forks. (I have a set of real forks ordered....ETA mid October!)

Both of these ideas actually work pretty well but it's a lot of friggin with straps etc. and I can't pull the tractor in the garage when done, nor remove the bucket with all the straps on there. So it's not quick

I was wanting a better way to (quickly) pick up or yank heavy stuff and couldn't wait for
JUFabWorks WorkMaster Plate (they are sold out for the 'BX and it's months out before they'll have any more.

I had this step bumper hitch kicking around, so decided to bolt it on and then bought a tongue for it with a big D-Ring on it. You can barrrrely see, but I have it braced on the back 2 bolts with aluminum bars. I did this so heavy weights or yanking wouldn't roll the top of the BX bucket. It looks like it moves when I really pull on it.
I also added a big HD "eyebolt" inside the bucket in case for whatever reason, the bigger D-ring is off doing other things.

With all parts, nuts, washers and bolts (+sweat) I am into it for less than $100cdn

I already have a trailer hitch on the back of the BX, so I don't ever envision putting a trailer hitch ball in this hitch.

Holy cow that bucket is thick metal ! (not what I am used to dealing with, never having owned a real tractor til now)
hitch 2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
p.s.-for those of you with really sharp eyes...yes, the hitch pin is 1 or 2 sizes too small. It's what I had on hand today.

Reactions: 2 users

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Looks good! Necessity is the mother of invention! LoL Plus you can swap that out with a hitch if you wanted to move trailers around front ways. For positioning in yards I find it easier to drive forward than always looking over my back and reversing.

Reactions: 1 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I was wanting a way to 'pick up stuff" with my bucket.(stuff that wouldn't fit *IN* the bucket....like my mower deck for example)

So far I have used biiiig ratchet straps to put a single big 8' chunk of 4x4 pressure treated post under the bucket like giant (square) bale spear.

Another day I even went so far as cutting 2 x 48" pieces of HD pipe and ratchet strapping (etc.) them to the bucket as pseudo pallet forks. (I have a set of real forks ordered....ETA mid October!)

Both of these ideas actually work pretty well but it's a lot of friggin with straps etc. and I can't pull the tractor in the garage when done, nor remove the bucket with all the straps on there. So it's not quick

I was wanting a better way to (quickly) pick up or yank heavy stuff and couldn't wait for
JUFabWorks WorkMaster Plate (they are sold out for the 'BX and it's months out before they'll have any more.

I had this step bumper hitch kicking around, so decided to bolt it on and then bought a tongue for it with a big D-Ring on it. You can barrrrely see, but I have it braced on the back 2 bolts with aluminum bars. I did this so heavy weights or yanking wouldn't roll the top of the BX bucket. It looks like it moves when I really pull on it.
I also added a big HD "eyebolt" inside the bucket in case for whatever reason, the bigger D-ring is off doing other things.

With all parts, nuts, washers and bolts (+sweat) I am into it for less than $100cdn

I already have a trailer hitch on the back of the BX, so I don't ever envision putting a trailer hitch ball in this hitch.

Holy cow that bucket is thick metal ! (not what I am used to dealing with, never having owned a real tractor til now)
View attachment 79926
When it comes to lifting and moving stuff, pallet forks are real handy. More so if you have the skid steer quick hitch adapter on your loader, instead of pin on.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
nice......
a suggestion....
slide a section of 1.5" tubing inside the 'back/undersid of the top lip of the bucket . bolt the rear of the receiver to that, it'll add a LOT of support,keep the top lip from bending.....
electrical 'channel' fits pretty nice, if you have that...

Jay