Purchasing Implements w/ Tractor.. biggest regret

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Just purchased a new BX and I got the FEL and MMM. Unfortunately this is probably the only time that a sales man should’ve pushed me more and got me to throw in a couple attachments in the mix (ie. box blade, rear blade, hell even a snowblower).

I thought I could just snag a few off of Kijiji but I was quick to realize that once someone has an implement, they rarely sell unless selling the tractor.

Biggest regret and I’ll make sure not to make that mistake on the next one.. has anyone else made the same mistake?

Reactions: 1 users

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
After having the tractor, it’s best to shop around and buy the implements yourself. Maybe a bigger mistake is to get something bundled in from the dealer than want a different one (ex, unknowingly getting light weight box blade when you want a heavy duty one).

Reactions: 3 users

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I kind of did the same thing but I did not realize until after I purchased that there is little interchangeability or standardization only a couple of mower decks will fit a new B tractor. older B mower decks will not. same I would think with front snowblowers . the ssqa and three point open the world up though. people do eventually sell stuff I got my backblade off of Kijiji actually bought it while I was waiting for the tractor.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd like to find a 4' rototiller for my BX23S,due to downsizing I don't need the 5' I bought 5 years ago.
Sadly I have too many implements9 and tractors) and not enough land to use them.

Reactions: 1 user

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Depends on the implement. In many cases, the 3rd party options are better for similar, or slightly more money.

There are only a few cases where the dealer option is the only option, front mount snow blower comes to mind.

I bought a box blade with my first tractor, a BX1880, to only find out that there were better options from 3rd party manufacturers.

The only real advantage to dealer implements is rolling it into your financing.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
My only regret was to not buy more implements 3 years ago as everything has skyrocketed in price. Before the crazy, I bought a used box blade, Land Pride land plane, EA 55 wicked grapple, EA subsoiler, SSQA tree puller and 5' King Kutter tiller, so not bad in getting while I could. But, I could have emptied my savings buying multiples of those things and made a nice little profit reselling them. Inflation sucks.

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Only mild regret I had was not getting rear remotes, hydraulic top link and side link with the initial setup. Didn’t increase cost but it sure would have saved me quite a bit of time. The grapple isn’t exactly a regret but I could have done a better job researching it.

Only advantage I’ve seen to getting implements in the deal with the tractor is proprietary things, such as MMM or backhoe, and ability to finance the whole bundle. 3 point or SSQA with the two exceptions below, I research and get what I think is the best fit; new or used.

I did buy two implements with the tractor, a Landpride boxblade and Tar River grapple. I knew I needed both immediately, both were in stock, so I looked at them and bought them. The boxblade has performed flawlessly. Grapple is still my favorite implement but if I’d looked at it more closely I might have noticed the gussets on the lid teeth ending 5” from the end of the rather narrow tooth wasn’t a great design. I’ve had to modify that to stop the teeth from bending and have noticed later models have longer gussets. It works fine now so not a big regret, more of an irritation with a little embarrassment thrown in. I really should have taken the time to research and inspect both implements more carefully before purchasing.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Just purchased a new BX and I got the FEL and MMM. Unfortunately this is probably the only time that a sales man should’ve pushed me more and got me to throw in a couple attachments in the mix (ie. box blade, rear blade, hell even a snowblower).

I thought I could just snag a few off of Kijiji but I was quick to realize that once someone has an implement, they rarely sell unless selling the tractor.

Biggest regret and I’ll make sure not to make that mistake on the next one.. has anyone else made the same mistake?
Buying somebody's neglected piece of junk off kijiji at brand new prices is usually a sign of future regrets