Purchasing Guidance

BAA

Sep 25, 2021
WA State
My neighbor is selling her 2005 B7510HSD. She is meticulous about her equipment. It is stored in a covered parking area. It has 348 hours. She is the second owner and now want to buy a larger tractor. It comes with bucket, rear ballast, fork lift arms, limb chipper & post hole auger. She just put the notice out to the 14 families in our rural neighborhood. She is asking $10k. Judging from what I am seeing online, without attachments they run $7k - $8k. Will look at it next week but would appreciate any comments you have on the price. Thanks in advance for your help as this will be my first compact tractor.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My neighbor is selling her 2005 B7510HSD. She is meticulous about her equipment. It is stored in a covered parking area. It has 348 hours. She is the second owner and now want to buy a larger tractor. It comes with bucket, rear ballast, fork lift arms, limb chipper & post hole auger. She just put the notice out to the 14 families in our rural neighborhood. She is asking $10k. Judging from what I am seeing online, without attachments they run $7k - $8k. Will look at it next week but would appreciate any comments you have on the price. Thanks in advance for your help as this will be my first compact tractor.
With such low hours it would be difficult to make a good comparison.
Does seem like $10K might be just a bit on the high side though.
If you are genuinely interested, why not offer her $8.5K and see what happens.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Seems like a good price to me with the implements included.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's quite a few implements. The chipper and auger would easily move to a newer machine, the ballast box probably would - why is she selling them with the tractor?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Seems like a good price to me with the implements included.
"Implements included"
Bucket.....don't all loader equipped tractors include a bucket?
"Fork lift arms" = the loader?
Chipper...., small chippers are not particularly useful.
Post hole auger.....may be too small.

I might value those 2 items that are real "implements" at $1,000 total, used.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
"Implements included"
Bucket.....don't all loader equipped tractors include a bucket?
"Fork lift arms" = the loader?
Chipper...., small chippers are not particularly useful.
Post hole auger.....may be too small.

I might value those 2 items that are real "implements" at $1,000 total, used.
I assumed bucket meant loader. Fork lift arms meant pallet forks - either bolt on to the bucket or quick attach (but I'd doubt quick attach on that tractor).

He doesn't specify size of chipper, but I have a smallish chipper and if your property is too small to make a burn pile, they're super useful. Otherwise you're always taking small piles of stuff to the green waste.

Post hole auger may be a good size. Or may be too small. Or may be just right.

If you wanted a tractor with a chipper, post hole auger, loader and bolt on forks, then a hell of a lot cheaper to buy all in one go than to buy separately.

BAA

Sep 25, 2021
WA State
That's quite a few implements. The chipper and auger would easily move to a newer machine, the ballast box probably would - why is she selling them with the tractor?
Her property is all pasture. She told me that she has never used the post hole auger and she has no trees to benefit from the chipper.