Purchasing a Grapple, looking for opinions with any issues on hose connections.

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
Everything Attachments is running a sale on their Wicked Grapple and I'm going to get one, It's going on a Kubota lX2610 with factory installed 3rd function. I've seen that there's two angles of hose attachment points, my connections run parallel to the loader arms cross member in lieu of the 90 degree on others.

What have people found to work better, running their grapple connections with a straight connection or having a 90 elbow on their grapple lines? The standard hose length is 46 inches, have people found that the hose set just fits better with either connection?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Everything Attachments is running a sale on their Wicked Grapple and I'm going to get one, It's going on a Kubota lX2610 with factory installed 3rd function. I've seen that there's two angles of hose attachment points, my connections run parallel to the loader arms cross member in lieu of the 90 degree on others.

What have people found to work better, running their grapple connections with a straight connection or having a 90 elbow on their grapple lines? The standard hose length is 46 inches, have people found that the hose set just fits better with either connection?
Have you asked EA for their advice?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
When I was using my neighbors grapple, I would have liked the couplers on the grapple end to be 90°. Mine point at the bucket which bent the hoses pretty good if I rolled it all the way back. I didn't know EA offered 90s otherwise I would have opted for that when I ordered. I'm going to call them today and see if I can change them.

LFP57

Equipment
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
When I was using my neighbors grapple, I would have liked the couplers on the grapple end to be 90°. Mine point at the bucket which bent the hoses pretty good if I rolled it all the way back. I didn't know EA offered 90s otherwise I would have opted for that when I ordered. I'm going to call them today and see if I can change them.
That is exactly why I asked, I don't know for sure that they do offer a 90 elbow, they do mention that they make the hoses on site. I'd thought that I'd ask the hundreds or thousands of users first to get actual user experience before I speak to EA, thanks for the reply.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Depending on how your 3rd function is set up and/or if it matters to you(preference), now would be time to decide one male/one female couplers or two male couplers on machine etc for your connections. I don’t have EA grapple (I have a LP), but mine is set up at 90 degrees and both male couplers on the machine….personally I think that is easier. Either way order it the way you want it. Congrats on your pending purchase.

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I have a new L3301 with a AE wicked root grapple and factory 3rd function.

On the tractor the quick connects are mounted on the loader curl metal line cover housing pointing directly at the bucket at a down angle of about 45 degrees. 1 male and 1 female pioneer fitting.

On the grapple the single cyl. lid also has straight pioneer couplers with 58" hoses.

works perfectly. hoses are a bit long and when they need replacing I will have shorter ones made up. The solution to the longer than needed lines is simply a bungee cord which holds the excess slack in place. Rather have longer and use a bungee for slack than too short and need to replace with longer or have to add extension hoses. 1 original bungee still in great shape after 5 years (stored inside)

The longer hoses allow me to use the grapple on a green tractor as well but I no longer use this impliment on multiple machines as I am trying not to cross contaminate different hydro fluids.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
This is how I connect my grapple:
front hoses connected - bird dogger's bracket.jpg

There are straight connectors on the grapple hoses, both male.

I mounted a piece of strut on top of the plate protecting the fel lines. On the other side I have a 12 volt connector wired directly to the battery.

The white hose routing bracket is courtesy of Bird Dogger.

Reactions: 1 users

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Another grapple connector picture! B2601, Kubota 3rd function dealer installed:

tempImagePkLuFf.png

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I have the exact same setup LX2610 and EA 55" Wicked Grapple. I got flat face couplers from Summit Hydraulics to replace what EA supplied. The lines are straight no 90 degree fittings It works well and I have no problems with it. Only mod I did was I added a hose sleeve to protect the hoses from chaffing.

Tractor side as well as Grapple side couplers https://summit-hydraulics.com/produ...lic-quick-connect-coupler-set-3-8-npt-thread/
You need a total of 4 couplers. They don't leak they are easy to connect and disconnect and best of all they have dust caps to help keep crap out of the hydraulics.

The hose sleeve I used on the grapple lines https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5NP3KR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Mine are mounted perpendicular to the loader support. They work great. I have covered the hoses with split wire loom to keep the Hedge & Locust thorns from injuring them. This is an AE Wicked grapple with stock hoses.
16AFA9CB-140A-4624-80D0-A1638D36388F.jpeg

84FAC98A-0C72-4A7D-8D0F-2DBD500E72B0.jpeg

LFP57

Equipment
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
I have the exact same setup LX2610 and EA 55" Wicked Grapple. I got flat face couplers from Summit Hydraulics to replace what EA supplied. The lines are straight no 90 degree fittings It works well and I have no problems with it. Only mod I did was I added a hose sleeve to protect the hoses from chaffing.

Tractor side as well as Grapple side couplers https://summit-hydraulics.com/produ...lic-quick-connect-coupler-set-3-8-npt-thread/
You need a total of 4 couplers. They don't leak they are easy to connect and disconnect and best of all they have dust caps to help keep crap out of the hydraulics.

The hose sleeve I used on the grapple lines https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5NP3KR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you for taking the time to reply with the links, actually, you answered a couple of questions I have. I have the ROPS and with two sets of rear remotes, for some reason, Kubota chooses to use 1/4 connectors. I was wondering if 1/2 connectors were more than what I needed, 3/8 will work fine.

LFP57

Equipment
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
Mine are mounted perpendicular to the loader support. They work great. I have covered the hoses with split wire loom to keep the Hedge & Locust thorns from injuring them. This is an AE Wicked grapple with stock hoses.
View attachment 90756

View attachment 90757
This is way I asked the question, I wanted to see how the hoses lay with the different set ups, these are very good images showing the routing, I like the idea of the covers as others have mentioned as well.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
It's all Kubota.

It's a combination of flex rubber & hard lines. Tech showed me the 'bucket' the 'kit' comes from Kubota in. I don't have the particular part number available at the moment.

It is somewhat different between models; I asked some questions myself upon first viewing the installed kit. No complaints; works great! :)

Also, I like the idea of a 'covering' for the grapple hoses; I like the above-mentioned 'weave' covering, but I opted for a hard plastic curled flex-wrap that I had available.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Thank you for taking the time to reply with the links, actually, you answered a couple of questions I have. I have the ROPS and with two sets of rear remotes, for some reason, Kubota chooses to use 1/4 connectors. I was wondering if 1/2 connectors were more than what I needed, 3/8 will work fine.
If you have the rear remotes you might want to look at my thread on top and side links for having a top and tilt kit. This is the link to the thread https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...ide-link-fabrication-total-cost-271-00.56722/
The only up date is probably with have to find a different source for the side link as the company I used is a Ukrainian one. Last I looked they were out of stock. I suspect that until the war is over they have devoted their production to the war effort.