Purchase Tires/Wheels Thru Parts or Sales?

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

When purchasing a set of tires/rims from the Kubota dealer, is it more cost effective (or possible) to go thru sales (Wholegoods), rather than the parts department? I've found that in some cases, Wholegoods is cheaper and I was wondering if this was one of those times?

Thanks!

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Tires/rims are cheaper thru sales, do you need new rims/tires or just tires?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Tires & rims are cheaper @ a tire dealer.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Kubota is no longer carrying rims/wheels for older units (anything over 15 years, it seems) but the tire dealer can't always get them either. For just tires, its cheaper from the tire shop. For a complete wheels/tires set, if they stock it, Kubota can be cheaper.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Ok, thanks guys!
Have you bought your new tires yet? I am asking because I have the same tractor as you do and I found that just purchasing the tires from the parts department, as opposed to purchasing the tires and wheels from whole goods, was cheaper to buy the whole set through whole goods sales. If I remember correctly, the set of front and rears cost less than $500.00 after tax.

Since I was purchasing a whole set of front and rear tires, I decided to upgrade my tire sizes to the same size as what comes on the BX2360. For my purposes going to the larger size tires gave me a huge benefit in traction on the rear tires. I seldom have to use 4WD anymore.

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Have you bought your new tires yet? I am asking because I have the same tractor as you do and I found that just purchasing the tires from the parts department, as opposed to purchasing the tires and wheels from whole goods, was cheaper to buy the whole set through whole goods sales. If I remember correctly, the set of front and rears cost less than $500.00 after tax.

Since I was purchasing a whole set of front and rear tires, I decided to upgrade my tire sizes to the same size as what comes on the BX2360. For my purposes going to the larger size tires gave me a huge benefit in traction on the rear tires. I seldom have to use 4WD anymore.
Hi-

Yea, all bought and paid for. I paid a little under $500 thru whole goods. I also upgraded to the 2360 size tires.

Reactions: 1 user