BX25D PTO Oil Pressure low!!!?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
PoTreeBoy sorry i some how miss this response...NO Figure 5b is NOT inside the R1/8 port... is a image of the inside of the main oil reservoir through the dipstick port hole! ...
OK so it looks like you've definitely got a suction leak.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
suction leak but if so where ?? ...how come this is not affecting anything else!!!
The bubbles you are seeing are probably created by the PTO pack spinning as it is only partially submerged by design. If you run the tractor and watch the oil with the PTO OFF, I doubt you will see many many, if any at all.
The oil would be foaming if you had a suction leak. The only place a BX could suck air would be from the short hose to the pump and you would have foamy oil any time the engine was running.

JamRockBX25

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Aug 27, 2020
Jamaica
The bubbles you are seeing are probably created by the PTO pack spinning as it is only partially submerged by design. If you run the tractor and watch the oil with the PTO OFF, I doubt you will see many many, if any at all.
The oil would be foaming if you had a suction leak. The only place a BX could suck air would be from the short hose to the pump and you would have foamy oil any time the engine was running.
correct when we run the tractor with the PTO disengage we do not see any bubbles or foaming etc. which hose are you referring to as the "short hose to the pump" can you please provide a illustration where we can locate same?

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
correct when we run the tractor with the PTO disengage we do not see any bubbles or foaming etc. also which hose are you call "short hose to the pump" can you please provide a illustration ?
Whitetiger knows these tractors better than I do.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
correct when we run the tractor with the PTO disengage we do not see any bubbles or foaming etc. which hose are you referring to as the "short hose to the pump" can you please provide a illustration where we can locate same?
When I went to get the illustration, I realized that the hose was discontinued on the BX24 model. I was thinking the BX25 was the last model.
The BX25 has the later internal suction passage and the only place you can suck air is the o-ring, #80

Attachments

JamRockBX25

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Aug 27, 2020
Jamaica
When I went to get the illustration, I realized that the hose was discontinued on the BX24 model. I was thinking the BX25 was the last model.
The BX25 has the later internal suction passage and the only place you can suck air is the o-ring, #80
we recently fitted a new hydraulic pump with new o-rings and torque the pump bolts to WSM spec etc. hence we not be expecting o-ring, #80 to be a issue at this time ...

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Sorry about leading you on a wild goose chase. So are you going to notch the frame to get the valve out?

JamRockBX25

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Aug 27, 2020
Jamaica
Sorry about leading you on a wild goose chase. So are you going to notch the frame to get the valve out?
NP! All input helps!... thank you the continued interest ... YES we are trying to get our hands on a Plasma Cutter... don't want to attempt with Blow Touch.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
ok ...we look into the possibility just now!... it could work, that said we would need to strip the top section down to the fuel tank etc... to get enough depth with say a 4inch disk on a small angle grinder ... that could be a option...thanks
It is a lot more difficult getting that valve out on the backhoe tractors because of the frame on them for the backhoe. I suggest removing that frame and notching just the tractor frame to gain access. I have always used a 5" angle grinder to make the notch.

JamRockBX25

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Aug 27, 2020
Jamaica
It is a lot more difficult getting that valve out on the backhoe tractors because of the frame on them for the backhoe. I suggest removing that frame and notching just the tractor frame to gain access. I have always used a 5" angle grinder to make the notch.
concur we assess the suggested approach...

Last edited:

JamRockBX25

Equipment
Kubota BX25DLB
Aug 27, 2020
Jamaica
concur we assess the suggested approach...
Progress!!! we now notch frame Fig6a, extracted valve Fig6b, drilled out 1mm hole it was partially blocked! Fig6c, replaced 2 new o-rings, PTO tests full operational again!, pressure @ the test port reading is now 64+-psi up from 32+-psi ...WSM (page 146) reference relief valve setting pressure (71.2 psi) Fig2-M16, hence we make it +-11% of the recommended value ... comments please ?

Attachments

Last edited:

DrankTheOrangeKoolaid

Equipment
M6800/M920, Case 780B
Sep 24, 2019
Alberta
Progress!!! we now notch frame Fig6a, extracted valve Fig6b, drilled out 1mm hole it was partially blocked! Fig6c, replaced 2 new o-rings, PTO tests full operational again!, pressure @ the test port reading is now 64+-psi up from 32+-psi ...WSM (page 146) reference relief valve setting pressure (71.2 psi) Fig2-M16, hence we make it +-11% of the recommended value ... comments please ?
Did you clean all the oil passage holes? I could see that little one close to the o-ring being easy to miss.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Sounds like you got it! I just hope the clutch pack wasn't damaged too much while the pressure was low.