PTO LInk for Mower deck

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Thorndale, Ontario - Canada
does anyone have problem attaching the pto link to the under side of there tractor ? I have a B2620 and despite the fact that my dealer assure me that it's easy to do with one hand ..... well I've switch from backhoe to mower almost a hundred times now in the past 2 season and I've never been able to do this with one hand !!! I always and up crawling under the back end of the tractor so I can get both hands on this thing.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Thanks for any advice

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
does anyone have problem attaching the pto link to the under side of there tractor ? I have a B2620 and despite the fact that my dealer assure me that it's easy to do with one hand ..... well I've switch from backhoe to mower almost a hundred times now in the past 2 season and I've never been able to do this with one hand !!! I always and up crawling under the back end of the tractor so I can get both hands on this thing.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Thanks for any advice
I have to agree - taking it off with one hand is somewhat easier! I have had to reach under all three of my MMM to pull off the pto, I find that IF I can get my hand on the collar and pull back with a quick snap, I can get it to come off, sometimes I have to wiggle the collar back and forth to do the same. However, to place it ON the PTO, the collar HAS to stay back as you push forward, thus making it a little harder to do! IF the collar had a locking "ring" it would be a breeze, but how can you push and pull at the same time? I great invention would be to have the collar turn 30 degrees, lock in place, push the collar on and then snap the 30 degrees the other way.

I share your frustration!;):D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
There's definitely a trick to it!

I have no issue with the MMM link 1-handed. My hands are large, and there's room around the PTO shaft.

I have more trouble with the snowblower hook-up. Big hands don't fit into the small space on the front hitch, and 2 hands (really just 10 fingers) required.:p