Property line etiquette

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
So, RCW, you may not have traveled extensively, but you still made it further than the US Army. Of course, you were an honoured guest not a trespasser!
At the hotel was my first time in an elevator. I was up at 0600 and rode it up/down for a while.

People there probably thought "damn, now that's a country boy..."

Pushing 60 now, but I'm not much different 45 years later....;)

Last edited:

JamesKison

Apr 1, 2021
new jersey
what nonsense actually, why would anyone do anything on YOUR property... If I were you, I would get some suggestions on how to act from https://waymanandlong.co.uk/new-services/property-law/conveyancing-prices/. Property lawyers know better than us what to do and whether it is possible to sue the ones doing anything on your property.
I personally can't get how anyone actually dares to step and stomp on your ground. In this case, the property cannot be a common one, truth be told.
I would sue everyone trying to step on my property without my permission.

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
The first time I left the US was a family trip to Niagara Falls, and we stayed in Hamilton, CA. Maybe 1975 or so.

We had recently sold the dairy. As a farmer, I haven’t been to a lot of places, but Hamilton is one I have been to.
I never really thought of Hamilton being a destination, more of a place you have to drive through! ;-)

And I thought our elected crooks were bad :eek:
Yes we have a lot of interesting scams up here. Try getting a cell phone, internet service, or open a bank account!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The title "Property Line Etiquette"....I thought it was a new thread about our southern boarder situation.

Reactions: 1 user

Steve Neul

Equipment
B5200
Jun 3, 2017
Terrell, TX
People seem to do whatever they want today. My property is wooded and I deliberately left 75' of wilderness as a blind across the back of my property just in case someone cleared up to the property line. Someone did buy the property and did clear it but they came 25' over on my place pushing down trees and left stumps and debris on my place. The line was marked with fence posts and they just pulled the posts up. When I saw what they had done I put a couple of old junk trucks and an old boat just inside my property line in a effort to keep them out. I went back several months later and they didn't do any more damage with the bulldozer but they filled the trucks and boat full of bullet holes. I had been using those trucks for parts so it did matter.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
It's been my experience to at least try to be be neighborly to our neighbors. Hey, that's where the word came from.
The house next door sold a couple of months ago. A week or so ago I met the new owner while I was planting at the top of our driveway. He mentioned that he was going to clear out the untouched wooded area that had been a buffer between the properties, about 30-40 feet. As there were a lot of dropped branches in there I offered to chip them for him after I drop the post hole digger.
Fast forward a couple of days. He has a crew working there raking and blowing leaves. I walk up there to find he had his guys clean right to my driveway. Neighborly.