Prices here seem too good to be true

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I needed some parts for both saws and just happened to find these guys. Dang shipping cost me more then the parts since I'm an EH sayer but even at that great prices and great reviews.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes Sir, I needed a carb kit for the Honda on the log splitter, and got the whole shooting match for about half the rebuild kit

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
As with many sources ..... this company is located in ..........yes - you guessed it

which means that any part will be a non OEM part - not that is will not work, lord knows how many non OEM parts we have placed on cars/trucks/boats/ and tractors.

Someone took a part - then reversed engineered the part and then made a duplicate part for next to nothing in cost - will it work well? Only one way to find out.

1618141879278.png

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
As much as I don't like Made In China parts, I replaced my dead fuel pump in my BX22 with one made in China for $20, and it is still working. Where do you think that some of the manufacturers of cars & tractors source their parts from? A friend needed an expensive part for a Mercedes by Bosch. He bought a part on eBay made in China, and when he compared the old to the new, he could clearly see that the die marks were identical. The difference in price was about $150~! I will gamble $20 to save a $100 any time for a part that doesn't involve my safety, and if it fails, it only is an inconvenience.

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I bought a glow plug timer on eBay, knowing it was a clone. The picture didn't show a label. When I received it the package clearly said 'made in China'. It had a label identical to the OEM's, and the case was identical including the 'Made in Japan' embossed in the plastic!

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
When I received it the package clearly said 'made in China'. It had a label identical to the OEM's, and the case was identical including the 'Made in Japan' embossed in the plastic!
I guess that we really don't know where anything is made, including "OEM". :rolleyes:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Like 85Hokie I always check the shipping address. If I just have to have a Chinese part, I try my best to get it from someone who has it in the U.S. I don't want to wait for weeks and then find out it hasn't been put on the boat yet!

Some of the importers have gotten to point they will use a U.S. address and declare that is their warehouse, but it's not. I ordered a couple of battery maintainers from someone in Georgia. When I received them they were the wrong part. When I went to return them I discovered by looking up the address on Google earth the address was a restaurant in a mall. Needed to return them to a chicken scratch address and didn't know how to print it out (or read it). Finally PayPal issued a credit and I kept the chargers. Too much trouble to return according to PayPal.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
As much as I don't like Made In China parts, I replaced my dead fuel pump in my BX22 with one made in China for $20, and it is still working. Where do you think that some of the manufacturers of cars & tractors source their parts from? A friend needed an expensive part for a Mercedes by Bosch. He bought a part on eBay made in China, and when he compared the old to the new, he could clearly see that the die marks were identical. The difference in price was about $150~! I will gamble $20 to save a $100 any time for a part that doesn't involve my safety, and if it fails, it only is an inconvenience.
I bought a probably made in China fuel cut off solenoid for my BX2200 last summer. Still working fine and physically was identical to what came out. Cost was 20 percent of OEM price. Probably less, as it was free shipping.

Happy camper. It was located in the US and arrived in a couple days after purchase.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Until we quit accepting stuff from China we will be more and more owned by China. I believe they’ll soon do to Taiwan what they’ve done to Tibet and Hong Kong. We’re next if we don’t belly-up-to-the-bar and start buying only American products Made in America By Americans using American sourced materials. It’s almost too late already.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Until we quit accepting stuff from China we will be more and more owned by China. I believe they’ll soon do to Taiwan what they’ve done to Tibet and Hong Kong. We’re next if we don’t belly-up-to-the-bar and start buying only American products Made in America By Americans using American sourced materials. It’s almost too late already.
When I grew up we had one USED car, ONE small black and white TV, and one bedroom shared by the 3 kids.

My kids now have two cars, bedrooms for each kid, as many TVs as they want, computers, i Pads, i Phones and more...

I to some extent blame China for this. Would I wish my kids could return to what life was like when I was a kid...do not think so. My dad had a descent job on the railroad...was not a minimum wage worker.

I kind of like the way things are now...

Edit: EXCEPT I think without all the electronic stuff kids would spend more time outside like we did, with each other, which I think would be a positive...remember putting a balloon on your bicycle frame so the spokes would hit it and make it sound like a motor?

My youngest grandboy, has a dirt bike. He just turned 10. My first motorcycle was when I was 19...I don't see the young one having a dirt bike at this early age as a positive...

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I can’t imagine how China can be held responsible because our children are materialistic. I suspect people more closely related to them are. ;)

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You purchased a tractor that was made by a company in Japan that has many of the parts built in China, and assembled in the US. We are living in a world economy today, and everything is manufactured where the labor costs are the lowest. The only things made in the US today, for the most part, are heavy machinery, and even some of that is going away. American labor costs are what make our products not competitive in a world market. In the 1950's, we exported products around the world. After WW2, we rebuilt the economies of both Japan and Germany and those 2 countries have thrived at our expense. When Nixon opened trading with China, he thought that they would be buying all American products for decades. He never gave a thought that they would become a manufacturing giant. China has whole cities that manufacture only one type of an item. Their labor costs are lower than ours, because the State controls all aspects of the peoples lives. When our politicians raise corporate taxes, they make us less competitive in the world market. You need to study history and economics of the past 100 years to understand how we have gotten to this point. Inexpensive products is what the American people wanted, and Walmart honed in on that desire, and built an empire using inexpensive labor and products to accomplish this. Try going for a month without purchasing anything made in China, and only made in America.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
You purchased a tractor that was made by a company in Japan that has many of the parts built in China, and assembled in the US. We are living in a world economy today, and everything is manufactured where the labor costs are the lowest. The only things made in the US today, for the most part, are heavy machinery, and even some of that is going away. American labor costs are what make our products not competitive in a world market. In the 1950's, we exported products around the world. After WW2, we rebuilt the economies of both Japan and Germany and those 2 countries have thrived at our expense. When Nixon opened trading with China, he thought that they would be buying all American products for decades. He never gave a thought that they would become a manufacturing giant. China has whole cities that manufacture only one type of an item. Their labor costs are lower than ours, because the State controls all aspects of the peoples lives. When our politicians raise corporate taxes, they make us less competitive in the world market. You need to study history and economics of the past 100 years to understand how we have gotten to this point. Inexpensive products is what the American people wanted, and Walmart honed in on that desire, and built an empire using inexpensive labor and products to accomplish this. Try going for a month without purchasing anything made in China, and only made in America.
There is so much wrong in that analysis...however the conclusion is correct for different reasons.

I bought a 20-year-old USED tractor which had a FEL made in America. That USED purchase did not affect the foreign trade balance.

The UNITED STATES has very competitive labor-costs and that is a major reason foreign companies are relocating here. (Or have you not noticed how many foreign-car brands are built in America?)
American labor is better trained, better educated, and works for fewer benefits than many foreign sources of labor. (Ask a European worker how much vacation and other benefits they get compared to the average U.S. worker.)

American “labor costs” are NOT “what make our products not competitive”. After WW2 our factories were still operational because our cities and factories were not bombed into rubble. Our products were higher quality and highly desired worldwide.... until the freshly-built, newer technology foreign factories were built...and came into competition with the American “rust belt” of outdated factories.

After WW2 we rebuilt the economies of Japan/Germany/Italy/ etc as a hedge against communism to prevent communist take-over of those counries. If we had not done that then those destroyed economies would not have recovered and would have fallen to the communists.

Nixons’ thought-processes are well documented by Kissinger and it was well-known that mainland China would become a mfr’g powerhouse. In fact, that was the point! It was believed (wrongly) that the result would prove disastrous for the communist regime. Further, the Nixon administration recognized mainland China over Taiwan promoting the mainland at the U.N. In the hopes to discourage a Taiwan invasion and to distance China from Russia. Nixon knew that U.S. mfr’g would employ cheap Chinese labor, unfortunately without much thought about the long-term effects upon U.S. mfr’g.

“You need to study history.... to understand how we have gotten to this point...”. I recommend you follow your own suggestion.... but don’t study “history” promoted by political hacks.... study history documented by historians.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
When you read this response from GEO,

" American “labor costs” are NOT “what make our products not competitive”. "

You should know all you need to about his history lessons, and then go get some from anyone else.

I rub shoulders with several manufacturers. Family members as well as our social circle. THERE IS ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY they deal with China LABOR. If it wasn't for the labor cost, it just wouldn't tip the scales in the worth column. COST COST COST.

Why would ANY company submit to the added paperwork, delays in procurement, total lack of control, questionable future quality, language and time barriers etc. etc. etc. if it wasn't for cost? - SMH

Next he will tell you it was unions that created Sat and Sun (still wrong of coarse).