Premium UDT / SUDT is Worth it. Hug Performance Boost - 50 hr maintenance.

hotnoob

Equipment
L3301 + LA525 Loader
Mar 28, 2020
Ste Rose, Manitoba, Canaddad
Dealership told me not to do it, but i did it anyways.
There were also a lot of mistakes that the dealership made before i got the tractor.
( missing grease, loose loader bolts / pins, missing topic link, missing nuts, UDT instead of SUDT )

Before switching hydraulic fluids, i was also having problems switching gears ( it always got stuck, and had to play with rpms every time )
Afterwards, totally fine.

@ the 42:20 mark is when i test out the results.
After warming up on Low, sounds like a different tractor.

Thought i'd share, seriously, HUGE performance boost and doesn't sound like the transmission is gong though hell anymore.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
This is one of the WORST videos I’ve seen ... got very tired of being “swung-around” by the camera.... and the narrator’s indefinite comments ....”I don’t know”... “whatever”... “any-whoo”... “Check the manual on that” (but fails to simply SAY what the manual states)... then later actually admits “I’ve not actually checked the manual”). ......and foul language (perhaps that’s the way he speaks colloquially but it doesn’t contribute to the dialog).... Can’t find the tools he should use (unprepared for this video-event).... But I realize he was trying to be helpful.

I have come to the conclusion dealers either make more profit on UDT ... OR, they have a lot of that stuff on-hand they’d like to get rid of.... because I’ve also had the local Kubota dealer pushing the UDT when my manual CLEARLY states the tractor was SHIPPED with SUDT in it. The dealer told me that SUDT was unnecessary ... and when I pointed out that the unit was originally equipped with SUDT he continued to expound on why he thought that was unnecessary. (Can’t help but wonder if perhaps they like to void the warranty on-purpose... go figure why they deliberately violate the WSM.)

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Far as I know, all units are shipped with fluid in the gearcase and front differential and oil in the engine. I will stand corrected if it isn't so.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Far as I know, all units are shipped with fluid in the gearcase and front differential and oil in the engine. I will stand corrected if it isn't so.
I don't know, maybe part of dealer prep?
20150617_110548.jpg

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Agreed.

Shipped with fluids but part of dealer prep is to verify levels.

SDT

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
WHY are they shipping our ORANGE tractors in GREEN crates?? !!
(Maybe they believe anything GREEN is only good for melting-down/Making-into shipping-CRATES! LOL

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You mean in green frames.... I wonder if that ha something to do with International crating rules?

Dealers ship the frames back to Kubota. Was at my dealer's yard to other day and they were loading empty ship frames on a drop deck.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Neither of mine came in crates. Too big. The came in ovseseas shipping containers, I think 2 to a container. Could be wrong on that again and I'll stand corrected if necessary.

hotnoob

Equipment
L3301 + LA525 Loader
Mar 28, 2020
This is one of the WORST videos I’ve seen ... got very tired of being “swung-around” by the camera.... and the narrator’s indefinite comments ....”I don’t know”... “whatever”... “any-whoo”... “Check the manual on that” (but fails to simply SAY what the manual states)... then later actually admits “I’ve not actually checked the manual”). ......and foul language (perhaps that’s the way he speaks colloquially but it doesn’t contribute to the dialog).... Can’t find the tools he should use (unprepared for this video-event).... But I realize he was trying to be helpful.

I have come to the conclusion dealers either make more profit on UDT ... OR, they have a lot of that stuff on-hand they’d like to get rid of.... because I’ve also had the local Kubota dealer pushing the UDT when my manual CLEARLY states the tractor was SHIPPED with SUDT in it. The dealer told me that SUDT was unnecessary ... and when I pointed out that the unit was originally equipped with SUDT he continued to expound on why he thought that was unnecessary. (Can’t help but wonder if perhaps they like to void the warranty on-purpose... go figure why they deliberately violate the WSM.)
i did say it would be shit at the start of the vid.

i'm also on a race to get everything ready for the winter, because i will have no road access when the winter hits...

and i haven't had a shower in like 4 months. super anxious to finish the waterline.

no time to make fancy videos :p

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Every unit that does not have tracks, BX thru M's are shipped on a green, black, or gray crate.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Dealer here left me the opened containers after doing my 50 hour service so I'd have some spare fluids to top it off. I checked the bottle, it says super udt2. This is for BX 1880.

hotnoob

Equipment
L3301 + LA525 Loader
Mar 28, 2020
Welp... blew a gasket / seal, right in the middle of the hst.
leaking like crazy....

warranty time... :S

12 tractor hours after after switching...

not looking forward to the cost of them picking it up. 4 hour drive to the dealership. >.<