Powerbeyond rear remote

Farm boy

Equipment
Mx5100
Sep 25, 2009
Martinsville, IN, USA
I have a Mx5100 I would like to put in another rear remote.The one I have the dealer said is just good for a cylinder and I would like to have one that is full flow so I can run a log splitter or something like this . Everyone talks about power beyond hook up so I looked at my loader control today and I see nothing that is marked PB. Under the deck by the filter there is a orange hose a gray and a green coming out of a junction .I followed them back and one goes up front to were the motor is ( pump ?) one right in to the main part of tractor I would say trans (drain back in ) and the other back up under the seat(?) .
So can someone tell me were and how to tap in for this kind of remote? A picture would be good to .

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
When you look under the platform where the three hoses go, the most rearward hose is the power beyond. remove it and route the hoses so the oil comes from that hose to the log splitter valve and back to the fitting that you removed the hose from. If your splitter uses a third hose you can tee it into the bottom of the three hoses under the platform. If your present remote valve has detent it should work OK on a splitter provided you don't run it continuously at high RPM for hours and hours. It will not work well with a post pounder though.
Ed

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
On your valve if you look closely, near each of the ports you will find a letter cast into the valve "P" for pump, "T" for tank, and "PY" for power beyond.
However you plumb it you need the oil to come out the "PY" fitting, go to the pump fitting on your remote valve and return from the "PB" or "PY" on your remote valve back into the hose you removed from the "PY" port on your loader valve. If your remote valve has a fitting marked "T" it must be tee'ed into the line on your loader valve marked "T".
Ed

Farm boy

Equipment
Mx5100
Sep 25, 2009
Martinsville, IN, USA
So I can just plumb in under deck were hoese go to loader and run hoese back to a set of remotes right ?
One hoese for py or pb and one hoese back to the tank right ?
No valve needed for this set of remotes right ? And this should run a log spiltter or backhoe right ?
Thanks

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
You are somewhat right but not exactly. The hose you see under the platform that has the green tape on it is power beyond and is now directing the oil from the loader valve back to your three point hitch. you cannot get along without a remote valve but there probably is one on your splitter and I'm sure there is one on the backhoe
If so, remove the hose with the green tape from where it is connected under the platform and attach a long enough hose onto it to reach the back of your tractor. Put a female pioneer style coupler on the other end of it.
Now, make another hose to go along with that one with a male pioneer style end on it and connect it to the fitting below the platform that you removed the hose with the green tape from.
The two couplers that I asked you to install must be connected together anytime the tractor is running OR they must be connected to a spool valve either on your splitter or your backhoe so the oil comes from the female coupler into the "P" port on the said valve and returns from the other port if there only is one more, to the male coupler. and continues back into the tractor on to the TPH like it did originally. IF your valve has a third hose ( the backhoe might, the splitter probably don't) you install ANOTHER hose that is simply tee'd into the fitting under the platform that has the grey tape on it.
Ed