Power Service Diesel Conditioner Mix Ratio

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
As I read it (and I apologize in advance) it is one ounce pf Power Service to 10 US gallons of fuel. I have a four gallon can so I'd add .4 ounces (11.8 ML) to the four gallon can. What is I went to say, 1/2 ounce per four gallons? Nothing bad I assume, just wasting treatment?

What is the opinion of an algecide ratio? I've had filter block from hard black crud which I assume is dead alge. I seem to recall too much of this causes problems.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
William - I'm not very strict with my measurements for either the PS or the PS Biocleen.

As a former bartender, I give the PS a short shot, and halve that (or less) for the Biocleen.

Trust me not the ideal, but it's worked so far.....

While overdosing the fuel isn't good, I don't think a little extra doesn't hurt within reason....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Don't hurt to overdose. Not true with too little.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks. Human tendency is too err with too much rather than too little. But I do know, a 'little poison' will not kill you but a lot will. I want to make sure I do not snuff my little guy.

SinNH

Equipment
L3430 JD 870 Volvo EC35
Sep 26, 2020
NH
Don't hurt to overdose. Not true with too little.
Agree, I overdose with PS white ( don't want starting issues at -5F*) and with the PS silver I'm a bit skimpy, just trying to keep the injectors clean.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I’ve added a ‘glug, glug, glug” right from the can into the tank when I refuel. Maybe one glug if it’s a 1/2 tank. The VW tdi, snow groomers, or current tractor have suffered any ill effects. Except that time I didn’t put any in and the fuel station obviously hadn’t got winter fuel yet....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Usually dump a full quart bottle in my 500 gallon tank and 1/4 bottle of biocide. I buy my fuel in the summer so it's not treated with anything.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
As I read it (and I apologize in advance) it is one ounce pf Power Service to 10 US gallons of fuel. I have a four gallon can so I'd add .4 ounces (11.8 ML) to the four gallon can. What is I went to say, 1/2 ounce per four gallons? Nothing bad I assume, just wasting treatment?

What is the opinion of an algecide ratio? I've had filter block from hard black crud which I assume is dead alge. I seem to recall too much of this causes problems.

Power Service Diesel Conditioner Mix Ratio
After reading your post and title, I'm confused which Power Service product you are seeking information on. Power Service doesn't list a "Conditioner" in their product list, so I'm confused how everyone is commenting on the proper mix ratio.

Power Service web page: Power Service

Diesel Kleen + Cetane Boost
Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost
Diesel 911
Clear-Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner
Bio Kleen Diesel Fuel Biocide

3 of the above products come in white containers.

Does the OP care to define which product?

6feettogo

Equipment
B2650
Apr 22, 2020
Newman Lake, Wa
PowerService recommends 1 oz of "Diesel Fuel Supplement and Cetane Boost" or "Diesel Kleen-Centane Boost" for every 3 gallons of fuel.

Reactions: 1 user

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Mix recommendations from their website:

Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost
16-OUNCE (PART NO. 1016)
At temperatures above 0°F., add entire contents (16 ounces) to 40 gallons of diesel fuel. When temperatures drop below 0°F. or when using biodiesel blends, add entire contents (16 ounces) to 20 gallons of diesel fuel.

16-OUNCE (PART NO. 3016)
Add entire contents (16 ounces) to 40 gallons of diesel fuel. For maximum cetane boost and quicker fuel injector clean-ups, add entire contents (16 ounces) to 20 gallons of diesel fuel.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I have always used the cetane boost. I recently went to the auto store looking for the Bio version. They only had the fuel and tank cleaner. My question...Do I need the Bio Kleen? I only buy 6 gallons of fuel at a time. Not sure if I even need it?

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
After reading your post and title, I'm confused which Power Service product you are seeking information on. Power Service doesn't list a "Conditioner" in their product list, so I'm confused how everyone is commenting on the proper mix ratio.

Power Service web page: Power Service

Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost
Diesel 911
Clear-Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner
Bio Kleen Diesel Fuel Biocide

3 of the above products come in white containers.

Does the OP care to define which product?
White bottle, anti gel supplement and Cetane boost
And also run a little biokleen as my machine does not get a lot of use

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
William - exactly what I use in cold weather. Use silver bottle summer season.

I started using the biocide routinely a couple years ago also as there seemed to be a lot of folks having issues.