Possibly a dumb question about PTO Speed. B7200

jburns80

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Apr 6, 2022
Mansfield, GA
I have acquired a B7200, not the HST version. I've looked all over kubotabooks.com and other places but can't find any definitive answer on setting the PTO speed. The PTO lever in forward seems to be moving way faster than 540 rpms, how do I know that I have the right PTO speed setting on this tractor. I can post a picture if necessary.

jburns80

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Apr 6, 2022
Mansfield, GA
According to tractor data ,you have a 2 speed PTO. I presume a lever' selects between 'high' vs. 'low' ?
Yes, I read that, I was curious about the stop setting on the lever, given the age I was just being overly cautious maybe. I like to tinker and before I got to over thinking I wanted to reach out to other. Thank you for the reply

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Pretty easy to see the difference between 540 and the 1k rpm pto speeds. And not uncommon for Japanese tractors to have multiple rear pto speeds. By B has 2, and my dad's L has 3. We use his 3rd speed like an economy mode foe the pto log splitter. Doesn't take much to power it, so we run the tractor rpm low and the pto still spins it just fine.