Pollen on my truck, how to remove?

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
Help? Even the pressure washer won’t remove the sticky yellow pollen on the truck. I could scrub it off, but it’ll scratch the paint job. Any folks out there find a miracle way to remove the pollen?
thank you for your input And knowledg.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Help? Even the pressure washer won’t remove the sticky yellow pollen on the truck. I could scrub it off, but it’ll scratch the paint job. Any folks out there find a miracle way to remove the pollen?
thank you for your input And knowledg.
Lots of soapy water and micro fiber cloth. Keep it flooded. Keep cloth washed out and change water if it gets very dirty. Need to do my truck tomorrow.

Velma

Equipment
B2301, FDR1660, RB1560, SGC0554, Pats QH, CMP Dethatcher
May 12, 2022
MI
I have read rubbing alcohol removes tree sap. Supposed to be paint safe once diluted. Google the recommended dilution. Just picked some up at costco but have not yet tired it yet on the sticky little pods currently all over the cars

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Lots of soapy water and micro fiber cloth. Keep it flooded. Keep cloth washed out and change water if it gets very dirty. Need to do my truck tomorrow.
"Pollen" is like powder, and is very easily removed with soap, and water.
Are you confusing "pollen" with "sap"?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
"Pollen" is like powder, and is very easily removed with soap, and water.
Are you confusing "pollen" with "sap"
Pollen is usually powdery and could be blown off immediately. But, when you don't wash daily (like I don't), the dew, humidity and road grime combine with it to make a nasty mess.

Sap's a different kind of nasty. Usually avoidable by not parking under the wrong trees.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
sell truck, light it on fire, or use non-diluted Lacquer thinner.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
sell truck, light it on fire, or use non-diluted Lacquer thinner.
"Non-diluted lacquer thinner".......... is guaranteed to DESTROY the paint on any vehicle!
Use PAINT THINNER ONLY, when trying to clean grime from automotive paint!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
pine tree pollen ???
My black f150 gets it every year..then 3 days later Mother Nature removes it...
Not worth the cost of my well water or time, nice to have someone else do it !

BTW all cars/trucks are 2 stage so you're only looking at clear coat NOT the actual paint colour layer.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Pollen.....If you take good care of your vehicle pollen really is a PITA....IMO, it's a sticky type of powder that does not readily blow or wash off. It must be physically removed and it's hard to get it all, especially in crevices, seams, etc. I use a soft brush (split-ends wash brush from HD) with a quality auto cleaner liquid soap (Chemical Guys Snow Foam Auto Wash) and lots of water. It must be performed roughly a half-dozen times during the peak pollen season, unfortunately. I never seem to get it all either! :eek:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Must be a different type of pollen from what I have known for years and years. Around here a simple wash job takes care of it. My sons car sits outside and never gets waxed and it still comes off with a regular wash. Good Luck with it!

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Must be a different type of pollen from what I have known for years and years. Around here a simple wash job takes care of it. My sons car sits outside and never gets waxed and it still comes off with a regular wash. Good Luck with it!
DITTO !!!!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
ZEP Citrus cleaner or ZEP Purple cleaner will remove the wax on the vehicle. Simple Green will not hurt the paint, nor remove the wax unless the wax coating is old and in poor condition. Next time you detail your car, consider a ceramic coating in place of wax. It will make future washing much easier.
Don't forget to give the dog a bath, because his feet are green!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nobody's being mean. Just most folks haven't seen "pollen" that needs anything more than a soapy water solution to remove. Thick skin is a good thing to have.
Years ago when I lived in Florida, we had a rubber tree next to the house.

When the leaves fell off the tree, they stuck like glue 😱😱😱😱 Same with the pollen. Would cost me $25 worth of quarters and an hours labor at the coin operated car wash with the scrub brush to get the truck cleaned off.

Finally got fed up and removed the tree. I happen to have a latex allergy. Needed a new bar and chain for the chain saw when I got it cut down, then the roommates had to give me a ride to the walk in clinic for a shot to clear up the head to tow rash from the sap.

But honestly, it was well worth it and cheaper in the long run then the labor to clean off the vehicles.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Why are you being mean?
He is from Jersey !!! East Coast sarcasm.
It is already too late but a really good wax job before pollen season would have helped.
Any good car soap , a soft brush, a micro fiber rag and copious amount of water and effort.
If it is within your budget go to a local car detailer for exterior only.

Good luck