Piranha Tooth Bar

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
I am sure that you got your's so quickly because you are in NC. I am way out in Washington State. I knew that my shipping time would be longer because of where I live. I was told at the time of my order that it would likely take that long to get it. As I said before, I was not disappointed in the least. If I was, I would not have continued to do business with them. As far as I am concerned, BXPanded has lived up to my expectations for every purchase that I made from them and they are a respected and honorable business. Before this thread I have never read anything bad about them. I am sure that they are having extreme challenges because of this stupid panic about an illness that is no more serious than the flu.
I understand and was not pointing anyone out, I was just answering MFF1422's statement "Not sure how they've been in the past". I totally agree with you about this stupid flu. Just cause you may be able to go back to work doesn't mean everyone will, heck some are making more on unemployment now than they were working. Also agree that BXPanded is a great company and I am sure they are doing their best they can considering the circumstances. Just wish everyone would understand that.

Edit: see Fordtech86 mentioned same thing while I was 1 fingering my typing!

Last edited:

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
I'm sure all will be good. Now just have to wait. I'm definitely the most impatient person alive! Get tractor tomorrow. Have a ton of FEL work on driveway. Hoping not to mess up edge terribly so tooth bar will still fit easily.

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
I'm sure all will be good. Now just have to wait. I'm definitely the most impatient person alive! Get tractor tomorrow. Have a ton of FEL work on driveway. Hoping not to mess up edge terribly so tooth bar will still fit easily.
Finally received my Piranha today. 11 Jun to 29 Jul.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Not saying it isn't so but seems like everyone jumps on the chance to blame Covid for any issues.

Reactions: 1 user

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Finally received my Piranha today. 11 Jun to 29 Jul.
I think once you start using it you'll find it was worth the wait. Mine has never been off since I installed it years ago.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I'm sorry your having trouble . I've had mine for awhile... Excellent customer service and product has been my experience.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I ordered on June 22.
Hoping to see it soon

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Yes. Maddening. They mentioned being bare staffed because of Covid. Not sure how they've been in the past.

FWIW, I've purchased a bar from them, and service was excellent, but that's a few years ago.

I do like my Piranha bar! I goes on and comes off very quickly. There are some jobs that need it, some need a smooth edge. I like the fact that it isn't a big deal to change the configuration.

MFFI422

Equipment
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
FWIW, I've purchased a bar from them, and service was excellent, but that's a few years ago.

I do like my Piranha bar! I goes on and comes off very quickly. There are some jobs that need it, some need a smooth edge. I like the fact that it isn't a big deal to change the configuration.
All in all the lady I dealt with was very nice. My problem now is that when the tooth bar came in, the tractor went in for service the next day. lol. Should get it back early this week. Can't wait to get it on!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
All in all the lady I dealt with was very nice. My problem now is that when the tooth bar came in, the tractor went in for service the next day. lol. Should get it back early this week. Can't wait to get it on!
When you finally get the bar on and use it, you will be amazed at what you can do with it. The thing is indestructible. You can search other posts of mine and see some of the rocks that I have dug out of the ground with it. I have had it for several years and never had to even sharpen the teeth on it yet. This is by far one of the best attachments that you will ever purchase for your tractor.

TomRC

Jun 16, 2020
KY
Emailed with an ordering question a few days ago. It was a specific sizing question that I wanted a response in writing in case an issue when delivered. No response so far. Sounds like a great product but may look at the EA version which costs more. EA has been VERY timely and responsive to my questions. I appreciate that in a company!

Update 8/14.........one thing seems apparent after multiple attempts, they do not respond to email inquiries!

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Emailed with an ordering question a few days ago. It was a specific sizing question that I wanted a response in writing in case an issue when delivered. No response so far. Sounds like a great product but may look at the EA version which costs more. EA has been VERY timely and responsive to my questions. I appreciate that in a company!
My neighbor had a tooth bar from EA. He told me that he ended up getting the Piranha tooth bar a couple years later. I don't know why he did that because I never asked him why. I Just took his advise and ordered the Piranha tooth bar and have never had one issue with it. I have to assume that he had some issue with the EA tooth bar because I know that he is still using the Piranha tooth bar to this day.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
I think you guys have sold me on one. Just want to verify that this bar is what you're talking about? (I see lots of similar products & want to make sure I'm looking at the one you're praising)

Is there anything special about their drill bit? (Just a step bit in a common size for those w/ smaller chucks or an oddball size?)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Nothing special in the bit, just the right size for the hole you need.

Your link is to the one I purchased.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Do you recall the drill bit size? 6 foot bucket if it varies?

Thanks,
The drill bit I used was a step bit that I bought from Harbor Freight so I don't know what actual size the bit is. One thing that I would suggest is that you verify the width of your bucket. Follow the instructions for measuring it carefully and you will not have a problem.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Do you recall the drill bit size? 6 foot bucket if it varies?

Thanks,
I don't remember right off, I'm thinking it is 3/4 step bit, but I would not swear to it.