Piranha Bar manufacture location?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I searched and searched but the only thing I came up with is:
"Tractor accessories, loader bucket tooth bars (yes, we are the sole manufacturer and designer of the Piranha), and backhoe attachments. Everything we sell is 100% engineered, built using USA made steel and shipped from Knoxville, Tennessee."
That leaves it open to if they are shipping blanks to wherever and having stuff made overseas and shipped back. I basically got the same reply from an inquiry with them. Almost confirms my suspicion. Anyone have a definitive answer? I just can't buy stuff these days without knowing who is getting my money.
Thanks!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

That leaves it open to if they are shipping blanks to wherever and having stuff made overseas and shipped back. I basically got the same reply from an inquiry with them. Almost confirms my suspicion. Anyone have a definitive answer? I just can't buy stuff these days without knowing who is getting my money.
Thanks!
I suggest that you buy from someone else. You are not entitled to knowing who is getting the money. You pay them for the product, and they deliver the product. If you don't like that arrangement, then shop elsewhere. It's your money, do what you want with it. When you buy a car the manufacturer doesn't tell you exactly what comes from what country or who the manufacturer of a particular part is. It is called proprietary information that you are not entitled to. If they choose to ship US steel to China to have it machined and returned, that is their choice. Did you question Kubota about where each part on the tractor is sourced from?

Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Gee....thanks for that helpful information.....
It's not "proprietary", by the way. Not sure where you got that from. The AALA of 1997 requires automobile manufacturers to list the country of origin for parts content =/> than 15%.
Hopefully some truly helpful information will follow.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Damn.
I get it. I buy local and USA made whenever I can, but I'm thinking you might have a little too much time on your hands. Just my .02.
:)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
If you are talking about Bxpanded, they make all their own stuff, I don't think they outsource any manufacturing. I ordered a backhoe quick attach and ripper from them and noted they were in Knoxville. Guy told me I could save on the shipping and just pick it up at their manufacturing site. It's right down the road from me and they have a great set up. Sometimes their products can take a while to get because they do all their own work, but it's quality stuff and US made. I don't know the owners personally and I don't have any stock in their company, I'm just a satisfied customer who has seen their site. I don't have a piranha bar, but they do seem to be very popular with the folks on OTT.

Reactions: 7 users

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
If you are talking about Bxpanded, they make all their own stuff, I don't think they outsource any manufacturing. I ordered a backhoe quick attach and ripper from them and noted they were in Knoxville. Guy told me I could save on the shipping and just pick it up at their manufacturing site. It's right down the road from me and they have a great set up. Sometimes their products can take a while to get because they do all their own work, but it's quality stuff and US made. I don't know the owners personally and I don't have any stock in their company, I'm just a satisfied customer who has seen their site. I don't have a piranha bar, but they do seem to be very popular with the folks on OTT.
What you said! :D
My Piranha Bar was worth every penny I paid for it.
Bob

Reactions: 5 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I don't have your answer, but the more time goes on, the more I wish (more) stuff was made in the USA and Canada. I try to buy domestic when I possibly can. Sometimes it's hard to tell. I understand your concerns.

Would you believe even some Harley-Davidson parts are made off shore?
I mean, that's almost the epitome of "American made" isn't it? (Harley)
(yes, I own one and am proud of it though I bet my 2004 bike has more American parts than a 2022 bike.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
What you said! :D
My Piranha Bar was worth every penny I paid for it.
Bob
X3. My only suggestion is that they put it in more suitable shipping containers. That bugger is SHARP on the edge.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Thanks folks! I was hoping it wasn't outsourced to an enemy of freedom. Gotta be careful these days.
@ve9aa I hear that! But for now, all we can do is be as vigilant as we can. I remember when HD added EFI to their bikes. My friends dad was quite surprised when I pointed out the Mitsubishi EFI controller under the seat.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
That leaves it open to if they are shipping blanks to wherever and having stuff made overseas and shipped back.
I can't see that being cost effective at all. Shipping to China both ways just to save on the cost of cutting the blanks?

Nope. Not buying it.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I can't see that being cost effective at all. Shipping to China both ways just to save on the cost of cutting the blanks?

Nope. Not buying it.
I was hoping not. But considering India buys Chinese steel, makes manhole covers and ships them to the U.S....... you never know. One would think it would be cheaper to make a 300 lb steel disk here instead of having it travel 7000 miles.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I went and picked up my tooth bar from the factory. They do all their own machining in house. As for where they source their steel, I am not sure.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I was hoping not. But considering India buys Chinese steel, makes manhole covers and ships them to the U.S....... you never know. One would think it would be cheaper to make a 300 lb steel disk here instead of having it travel 7000 miles.
Very different case. With your scenario, they are buying cheap Chinese "steel" in bulk form. Garbage, at a very low price. The shipping isn't bad because they are neighbors. ALL of the manufacturing is done cheaply in China, and the finished product makes the long boat trip to the final market. Standard stuff.

In the scenario you describe, they start with expensive American steel, pay to form it into blanks, then ship it the long haul to China, where minimal machining is done, then it takes the long boat ride back here.

That makes zero sense.

But it's moot, since Mlarv verified they do it in-house.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I have never seen a company get so much undeserved flak and scrutiny than BXpanded, from OTT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
I ordered the Ripper and Quick Change Adapter from BXpanded and drove to Knoxville, Tenn. to pick up. I saw the plant and its equipment. Their parts are made there. Very friendly and knowledgeable on the BX23.
While I was there I learned about their under tractor guard for when your mower deck is off. They were so backed up they only had 1 in stock, which is now on my tractor.
Honest company, Great products, American made,

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I have never seen a company get so much undeserved flak and scrutiny than BXpanded, from OTT.
They (BXpanded) probably agree with ol' P. T. Barnum and like it!

P. T. Barnum once said to a newspaper man—“I don't give a damn what you say about me, just so you spell my name right.” :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Thanks!
have you ever given Kubota any of your money? :ROFLMAO:
those scoundrels!

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The fact that a lot of folks find it amusing/ silly that some people care about where their dollar goes explains a lot about how we got where we are.