Pinhole

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Noticed excessive dripping on my BX25d backhoe around the bottom. Took it out behind the garage and started scanning for a leak. Dropped the BH for a better look and noticed a wet hose. Wiped it all down and sure enough, a bubble of HST oil formed. called my local Kubota and asked what the Saturday hours were and he said 2pm. I asked if they kept hydraulic hoses in n stock for BX25 BH and he said “we make them up here”
I rushed down (was almost 1pm) and got ther and handed him the bad hose. 5 minutes and $58 later I walked out with a beautiful new hose 😊
Had it installed in a couple minutes and degreased the oily areas and rinsed with water. Checked 24 hours later and still dry! Do Your local Kubota dealers make up hoses to order on the spot? I thought this was an excellent service!

Reactions: 1 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Yup.
Finding a local hydraulic shop is even better. They rebuilt my ram that Kubota no longer stocked.

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Yup.
Finding a local hydraulic shop is even better. They rebuilt my ram that Kubota no longer stocked.
I have a guy that lives in the next town that does mobile repair on hydraulic equipment. I called him last time and he charged me $150 for a similar hose…took him 1 minute to swap it once he gathered the parts from his truck. I like the dealer option better!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I guess I've been lucky through the years. On my 4th tractor including an old Ford TLB and never had a bad hose. Believe me it wasn't for lack of trying!

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
When my grandson tried to move my compactor-roller with the fwd/reverse lever with the hydraulic park brake set….he moved the lever a little bit and the HST “whined”…so he moved it a LOT…and blew a 5-foot long 1” main drive pump hose. (Well…it was a 1987 machine so it was 35 years old. LOL)
Dumped 15 gals of hyd oil onto the ground in only a MOMENT! That was two years ago and grass still will not grow in that spot. (With several pails of old hyd oil….Gives me an idea of what to mix with the Round UP I use to kill mesquite instead of diesel.)

Anyway… a 5’ long one-inch hyd hose was $150 at NAPA. They made it up while I waited.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
here in Canada, Princess Auto will make hoses while you wait.
By the time you get back to the hydraulics section, your shopping cart will be full of 'other stuff you just had to have'........

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Noticed excessive dripping on my BX25d backhoe around the bottom. Took it out behind the garage and started scanning for a leak. Dropped the BH for a better look and noticed a wet hose. Wiped it all down and sure enough, a bubble of HST oil formed. called my local Kubota and asked what the Saturday hours were and he said 2pm. I asked if they kept hydraulic hoses in n stock for BX25 BH and he said “we make them up here”
I rushed down (was almost 1pm) and got ther and handed him the bad hose. 5 minutes and $58 later I walked out with a beautiful new hose 😊
Had it installed in a couple minutes and degreased the oily areas and rinsed with water. Checked 24 hours later and still dry! Do Your local Kubota dealers make up hoses to order on the spot? I thought this was an excellent service!
I can't imagine a tractor dealership that is not equipped to make hydraulic hoses. I do a tiny business in comparison and I consider this small investment a must have piece of shop equipment

Dan

20220903_093234[1].jpg

Last edited:

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I had a contractor working on my house after a T-nado hit us. He had a large 4wd extendable fork lift. It blew a hose while they where taken the trusses off. They went to the local NAPA had a new hose made and bought 5 gallons of fluid. Total time down was about an hour.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Dropped the BH for a better look and noticed a wet hose. Wiped it all down and sure enough, a bubble of HST oil formed.
I had to replace three of the hoses on the BX25 backhoe over the five years that I owned it. All three were within a couple of months of each other, all three leaked at the fitting/hose interface, and considering the low hours on the backhoe and the fact that it was kept in a barn I wasn't too impressed.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I had a contractor working on my house after a T-nado hit us. He had a large 4wd extendable fork lift. It blew a hose while they where taken the trusses off. They went to the local NAPA had a new hose made and bought 5 gallons of fluid. Total time down was about an hour.
I seriously doubt that any of us could just go to NAPA and buy 5 gallons of SUDT-2 for our Kubotas.