Pictures of Rops LED install on BX2200

sam24and48

Equipment
BX2200
Feb 19, 2018
Goshen, IN
So it's been awhile since i've had the LED lights on my rops but I figured I'd post up some pictures since others on this site were very helpful in getting this done. I'm by no means a fabricator so I sourced the parts to go around the rops from menards in the hardware section. I also bought a wire harness from amazon and used it with some additional splices. All the lights have bullet connectors and are sealed inside the wire loom which is secured via zip tie and those 3m stick zip tie holders. I did paint most of the items the Kubota Rops color as well so it blends a bit better. The box with the switch is also bolted through the back of the conduit box to the triangle sign on the tractor.

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Look forward to pics. few more post and you'll be passed the minimum to put pics in. Spam prevention thing.

sam24and48

Equipment
BX2200
Feb 19, 2018
Goshen, IN
Only took 2 years but finally updated the photos ha ha. I updated the setup to a larger LED bank on the front and a blinking amber light on top, as my property is near a blindspot near the road, to help cars see me at dusk/night.

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I am wanting to install some forward and rear LED work lights on my new B2601 when it gets here in another week or two, but I keep getting told to watch out for the amount of amps they will draw because the tractor does not have an actual alt. to recharge the battery. What amount of amps can I safely get away with without worry my battery will not recover the charging?

sam24and48

Equipment
BX2200
Feb 19, 2018
Goshen, IN
I'm not sure on the amp draw. The "large" bar on mine was rated at 72w and the small ones on the back were rated at 18w each. I also replaced all the other standard bulbs with led equivalents to hopefully lessen the load as well some. So far with everything running I've had no issues but i haven't done much more than an hour or 2 with the leds on, but i haven't had to charge the battery ever.

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I purchased 2 lights rated at 60 watts for the front. If they do not work for the forward lights, I will reverse them for the backhoe work and get the 20" bar rated at 72 watts. I would like to have brighter, but did not want to exceed 10 amps.

sam24and48

Equipment
BX2200
Feb 19, 2018
Goshen, IN
Yeah I replaced the ones on the front because I unknowingly got spot led lights instead of flood. I got the bar because it has spots in the middle and then floods on each side and it really helped illuminate anything in front of me. The 2 spots just didn't cut it, but mine were only small 18w lights as well.