Pictures of a B6000 loader subframe

Charlie9000

Equipment
Kubota B6000D
Oct 8, 2015
Alberta
I'm trying to build a loader for my B6000, and could really use some pictures of the subframes and how they install
I'm also considering just buying the subframe (if I can find one). Does anyone know part/model numbers to look for?

Thanks,
Charlie

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Woods used to build a lot of the loaders, backhoes, and subframes for Kubota in the old days. When I built my subframe and brackets, Woods had all the old manuals online to download, but I don't think that's the case anymore. You might contact Woods and see what they have for manuals for equipment that would fit your machine. The ones I got had great pictures and the parts were easy to reproduce from them.

Charlie9000

Equipment
Kubota B6000D
Oct 8, 2015
Alberta
Woods used to build a lot of the loaders, backhoes, and subframes for Kubota in the old days. When I built my subframe and brackets, Woods had all the old manuals online to download, but I don't think that's the case anymore. You might contact Woods and see what they have for manuals for equipment that would fit your machine. The ones I got had great pictures and the parts were easy to reproduce from them.
Thanks for tip MagKarl, but I seem to still be striking out. It doesn't look like they even make one for a B6000 anymore. I don't suppose you still have the manuals that you downloaded?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Thanks for tip MagKarl, but I seem to still be striking out. It doesn't look like they even make one for a B6000 anymore. I don't suppose you still have the manuals that you downloaded?
They have alot of their old manuals online still. Search for old discussions on B6000 and see if one mentions loader model. Then use that to find an old manual

Ok did a quick search of the net for "B6000 loader model" and came up with B-206 or a B-215 as the #kubota used for it. might help you as well.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Well thanks for the ideas. I still haven't found any manuals like MagKarl suggested, but I did find this picture that answered my primary question of how they tied into the rear axle:
..../IMG]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Ahhhh.... vewy intawesting. Thanks for posting the pic. Downloaded it to here for archiving in case your tap talk file gets moved or deleted & odds are it will.

In general folk keep that in mind... for archival purposes instead of hosting pics elsewhere where pics may get moved, deleted orrr who knows what*...please load pics here.

For example a while back a huge pic posting place used often ..... got bought out... and all the pics.... disappeared as the new owners shut down their former competition. Thousands of archives of good information on technical boards like this one are now worthless cause all the pics linked to that host site are now just a [[B][COLOR="Red"]x[/COLOR][/B]]

Attachments

Last edited:

Charlie9000

Equipment
Kubota B6000D
Oct 8, 2015
Alberta
Good to know, thanks coachgeo, I just started trying tapatalk, I didn't realize that it hosted the images.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I don't have any decent pics of it, but the subframe for my B219 loader on the B7100 appears to be identical or at least very similar to the pic above, if that's any help. It's a more common setup, so it might be easier to find pics for ideas.
I have some pics of the B670 backhoe sub frame, and this one shows how it attaches to the loader subframe. The lowest horizontal piece with the two bolts facing the camera (& one vertically) is the backhoe subframe where it attaches to the loader frame. You can see the pivot for the clutch pedal to get an idea where/how the loader frame attaches to the block.

Attachments

Charlie9000

Equipment
Kubota B6000D
Oct 8, 2015
Alberta
I don't have any decent pics of it, but the subframe for my B219 loader on the B7100 appears to be identical or at least very similar to the pic above, if that's any help. It's a more common setup, so it might be easier to find pics for ideas.
I have some pics of the B670 backhoe sub frame, and this one shows how it attaches to the loader subframe. The lowest horizontal piece with the two bolts facing the camera (& one vertically) is the backhoe subframe where it attaches to the loader frame. You can see the pivot for the clutch pedal to get an idea where/how the loader frame attaches to the block.
Thanks Lil Foot,

I googled B219 and found this picture:

Which was part of this thread:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938

I guess I just needed the right keywords.

Thanks everyone.

-Charlie

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
I have messed about with numerous loaders etc for b6000/b7100/b8200 etc and the subframes do tend to be specific to the loader and a specific brand.
not many loaders will just retro fit onto another subframe of a differing brand.
I have many pics of many different setups , from kubota , lewis, woods etc,
do you have a loader allready which you are looking to attach to a subframe or are doing a custom fit.

rob

Charlie9000

Equipment
Kubota B6000D
Oct 8, 2015
Alberta
I have messed about with numerous loaders etc for b6000/b7100/b8200 etc and the subframes do tend to be specific to the loader and a specific brand.
not many loaders will just retro fit onto another subframe of a differing brand.
I have many pics of many different setups , from kubota , lewis, woods etc,
do you have a loader allready which you are looking to attach to a subframe or are doing a custom fit.

rob
Hi Rob,
My plan is to design and build a loader, I was really just looking for ideas on how to safely tie into the tractor. I'd hate to snap my tractor in half because I under built the subframe, or neglected to tie into some critical area(s).

Any photographs of subframes for tractors similar to a B6000 would be great. The current plan floating around my mind's eye is to have:
- the boom arms as close in as possible to keep the overall width down. I was thinking some kind of curved/bent towers to clear the brake pedals, and still stay far enough aft to have reasonable lift height.
- the forward ends of the boom arms form a forward facing category 1, 3-point hitch interface (to connect to the bucket). This would also allow me to mount my rear blade up front if desired.
- use smallish displacement hydraulic cylinders so the factory hydraulics can be used.
- have a single, push-to-curl (through a bellcrank) cylinder for the loader's toplink/bucket curl. This should hopefully maximize: force for curling, speed for dumping, and overall travel.

Any suggestions or critiques are appreciated.

-Charlie

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
On my old b6000 i fabricated this subframe to be used with a genuine kubota loader, it worked well and was more than upto the job of a subframe, also came apart into smaller section to make it a bit more user freindly to fit and work with.

key things with subframes is to remember that they need to be well engineered, don't be tempted to skimp on materials or use undersize sections, the subframe performs a critical function in that it not only provides strenght for the loader but also provideds a secure mounting point for the loader and ties tractor to loader into one unit, all the stresses and strains your loader takes is absorbed into that subframe also transmitted into the tractor chassis etc, better to be over engineered than under.

there are a lot of pics etc on here from myself, maybe worth looking back through some of my old threads.
anyway , here is a starting point.

also some details at this link, a few years old now, but may be of some use, as i say , i've put afair bit on the forum you'll find more than enough by using the search option.

anyway link here:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1873&highlight=b6000+loader

rgds
rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Charlie9000

Equipment
Kubota B6000D
Oct 8, 2015
Alberta
On my old b6000 i fabricated this subframe to be used with a genuine kubota loader, it worked well and was more than upto the job of a subframe, also came apart into smaller section to make it a bit more user freindly to fit and work with.

key things with subframes is to remember that they need to be well engineered, don't be tempted to skimp on materials or use undersize sections, the subframe performs a critical function in that it not only provides strenght for the loader but also provideds a secure mounting point for the loader and ties tractor to loader into one unit, all the stresses and strains your loader takes is absorbed into that subframe also transmitted into the tractor chassis etc, better to be over engineered than under.

there are a lot of pics etc on here from myself, maybe worth looking back through some of my old threads.
anyway , here is a starting point.

also some details at this link, a few years old now, but may be of some use, as i say , i've put afair bit on the forum you'll find more than enough by using the search option.

anyway link here:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1873&highlight=b6000+loader

rgds
rob
Thanks Rob,

The subframe you posted looks great. I like double beam attaching to the tower. I'll definitely look through your posts.

Thanks again
Charlie

mikeee54

Equipment
b6000 4wd
Jan 12, 2015
Out West
sorry I haven't checked in in a while been busy.........I'll go out in the next couple of days and snap some pics on the b6000.

cruiserbill

Equipment
B6000
May 9, 2016
Indiana
I know this is a little old now, but it would be nice if someone documented a build of a FEL. Does anyone have any more pics to share?

count888

Equipment
B6000
Jun 19, 2016
Oakland, Maine
Bill, I just bought a B6000 2 weeks ago. It has a FEL and Backhoe installed. I'll try to get some pictures of the "belly of the beast" for you and post them here. it may be a couple of days.
I've been reading up on it on here. Great sight.

Hassman

Equipment
B6001, rotary tiller, weed sprayer
Jun 9, 2016
Chiang Mai Thailand
I am in process of building the subframe for my B6001, I will pick up the waterjet cut parts tomorrow and start assembly (time permitting) so I can take photos and post here of the parts as well as the assembled subframe.

I also have made ACAD drawings of all parts -once confirmed that the parts actually fit I will finalize the drawings and post/make them available here.

Hassman

Equipment
B6001, rotary tiller, weed sprayer
Jun 9, 2016
Chiang Mai Thailand
All the parts are laying in my workshop waiting for me to get the time to offer it up and fit it -right now I am too busy to do it though, got to plant 2 hectares of banana plants so the sub frame is on hold for now.