Pedal safety switch location please

Steve_d26

Equipment
BX2380
May 20, 2022
Simcoe
I seem to be having an issue with the safety switch for the pedal. I took it in once and cost me 120 bucks for them to "remove debris" from what I think is a plunger safety switch for the pedal. Its starting to act up again but I'm having a hard time locating the debris or the switch. Currently I can shake the tractor while turning key to start it but I would like to fix this. Anyone have any guidance or pics of location and how to access this switch? Thanks in advance

Steve_d26

Equipment
BX2380
May 20, 2022
Simcoe
I seem to be having an issue with the safety switch for the pedal. I took it in once and cost me 120 bucks for them to "remove debris" from what I think is a plunger safety switch for the pedal. Its starting to act up again but I'm having a hard time locating the debris or the switch. Currently I can shake the tractor while turning key to start it but I would like to fix this. Anyone have any guidance or pics of location and how to access this switch? Thanks in advance
Bx230 is the machine

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Here is a photo. Go underneath at the pedal and look for this plunger switch.

My B7800 has a grease zerk for the pedal setup. Look for a zerk while you are there. I am not certain on how to service this switch. So far I have never had to on the similar BX1880.

Also here is a page you can find the Work Service Manual for your machine (thus the photo from page 8-34 or page 348 of the PDF file reference.

Neutral Safety BX2380 pg 348 WSM.JPG

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Are you sure your BX has a pedal safety switch?

My older BX2200 doesn’t, although I thought it did. I need the range selector to be in neutral to start the tractor. For some strange reason I decided to check this today. Tractor started fine with the directional pedal fully depressed.

MAYBE you issue is with the switch on the range selector or PTO lever linkage.

I don’t know, just shooting an idea your way off the top of my head.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS

My older BX2200 doesn’t, although I thought it did. I need the range selector to be in neutral to start the tractor. For some strange reason I decided to check this today. Tractor started fine with the directional pedal fully depressed.

The BX 80 series including the BX23S does have a neutral switch for the HST pedal and it is clearly shown in the picture that was posted.

There is no switch on the range lever on the BX 80 series. They have 2 switches for the seat, 2 switches for the PTO, and 1 switch for the HST.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The BX 80 series including the BX23S does have a neutral switch for the HST pedal and it is clearly shown in the picture that was posted.

There is no switch on the range lever on the BX 80 series. They have 2 switches for the seat, 2 switches for the PTO, and 1 switch for the HST.
Thanks for the clarification. That poster mentioned having a B7800 and I thought that was a picture of his tractor as an illustration. Like I said, I was just suggesting a possibility (until the big guns appeared…:))

Steve_d26

Equipment
BX2380
May 20, 2022
Simcoe
Interesting. Pretty sure its not the problem. And mine doesn't have to be in neutral to s

Thanks. Pretty sure its not the pto and mine doesn't need to be in neutral for sure. I'm pretty sure there is a pedal plunger and thats what they said they cleaned out when I took it in. I'm not paying them 120 bucks to take debris out every year. I'll just have to look harder.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Interesting. Pretty sure its not the problem. And mine doesn't have to be in neutral to s

Thanks. Pretty sure its not the pto and mine doesn't need to be in neutral for sure. I'm pretty sure there is a pedal plunger and thats what they said they cleaned out when I took it in. I'm not paying them 120 bucks to take debris out every year. I'll just have to look harder.
It was just a thought. Obviously it did not apply to you tractor, after reading whitetiger’s reply. Hope you find the solution soon!